Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

For me the issue with carrying concealed is more about grip length than slide length. The slide disappears down my pants (what she said). The grip sticks up above and is what people can see. I go back and forth between a G43 (short grip) and G48 (long grip). The G48 is as easily to shoot accurately as a G19, but is way thinner and way easier to hide. The G43x has a shorter sight radius but the same grip.

But I should say I've only handled, not shot, a G43x.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    I'm contemplating picking up a 43X or 48. My first instinct is to go with the longer slide version.

However, seems quite a few people prefer the 43X. Is there a consensus or is it shoot both and go from there?

I'm in a pretty rural area of NY and don't have a lot of test drive options.
    Back to back I shoot the 48 better than the 43X at everything I've tried. IWB and AIWB I find the 48 carries better.

Here at least the 43X outsells the 48 by a fair margin , despite the 48 being the better gun in my opinion.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Yeah to me the 48 shoots like a full sized gun (almost) and carries like a compact.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Back to back I shoot the 48 better than the 43X at everything I've tried. IWB and AIWB I find the 48 carries better.

Here at least the 43X outsells the 48 by a fair margin , despite the 48 being the better gun in my opinion.

The black 43X has the new barrel crown which I understand is the Marksman barrel right?

Attachment 40394

The guns shoots great. Trigger scaled in the #5.5 range with my RCBS spring scale at a point a third of the way up from the bottom tip of the trigger.

I went to the spare parts bag for alternate sights (away from the OEM plastics) and chose an old Warren Sevigny rear with a HD front. It's a tight window and that's not everyone's preference but dang it worked. Nice POI just a couple/few inches over the top post. It'll work for now.

40 yards holding 6:00 on the 4x6 card.

Attachment 40395
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

At 40 yds with a 6:00 hold these sights and 5 rds of 124 +P Gold. Prior, at 25 this GD load grouped a little better than 124 +P HST or 147 HST.

Attachment 40400
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

40 is the new 25!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    40 is the new 25!

I know I'm lately geeked out about it. Our range to use a full 50 is kind of a pain to shlep gear to because it's set up for bullseye competition so "action" stuff is not allowed there.

When I rolled in cold I shot 2 from a series of guns, in this order. G45 (I felt guilty neglecting @wvincent ) Sams custom .45, LB Operator, silver 43X then the G45 for another try as I sucked so bad on its first run.
    I'm struck by how my concentration on shooting 1911 and the slimline Glocks seems to have affected my grip/press of standard frame Glocks. I eventually reeled in the G45 for 4-5 inch groups at 25. And it is pure murder at speed 7-10 yards. But the precision affect for me is really something.

Attachment 40401
    Last edited by JHC; 07-22-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    At 40 yds with a 6:00 hold these sights and 5 rds of 124 +P Gold. Prior, at 25 this GD load grouped a little better than 124 +P HST or 147 HST.

Attachment 40400
    That's some good shooting!

Curious if you have any Hornady CD or XTP to try out at that distance? They have really tight velocity deviation and uniformity across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    That's some good shooting!

Curious if you have any Hornady CD or XTP to try out at that distance? They have really tight velocity deviation and uniformity across the board.
    I think I do have some CD loads around to try. That's a good idea, I really like that Hornady product.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I know I'm lately geeked out about it. Our range to use a full 50 is kind of a pain to shlep gear to because it's set up for bullseye competition so "action" stuff is not allowed there.

When I rolled in cold I shot 2 from a series of guns, in this order. G45 (I felt guilty neglecting @wvincent ) Sams custom .45, LB Operator, silver 43X then the G45 for another try as I sucked so bad on its first run.
    I'm struck by how my concentration on shooting 1911 and the slimline Glocks seems to have affected my grip/press of standard frame Glocks. I eventually reeled in the G45 for 4-5 inch groups at 25. And it is pure murder at speed 7-10 yards. But the precision affect for me is really something.

Attachment 40401
    It would be interesting to know what part of these results is sights and what part trigger. At 40 yards, sight dimensions and regulation can factor in significantly. Obviously ammo, too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List