Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Greg Ellifritz runs some rounds through the 48 and 43x and compares to the Shield.

In short: Likes the 48, not that crazy about the 43x, shot the Shield the best.
    Last edited by MK11; 01-29-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    what height rear is the Defoor rear sight?
    Defoor heights G43: F: 0.160", R: 0.175"

Yay! I got my 48 today. I’m in the club.

Name:  FE297B04-F22D-448E-8920-063FEC8C084D.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  99.4 KB

Hopefully I’ll be able to give my range report soon.

Hammertime
    Spent a great deal of time on slow fire with the G48 with Defoor sights now installed.

American Eagle 115 and 147 grain and Lawman 124 grain. Front sight hold is as drawn on target.

First two AE 115 targets were embarrassing with shots off target left and lots of lateral stringing, but good news, 115 grain hits near tip of front for elevation.

147 shot dead center with a hold at bottom of black. Maybe I warmed up or maybe the gun likes it.

124 requires just a little less low holding at bottom of ten. Again centered:

I again tried the 115 AE, and again was hitting quite left. I adjusted my hold for windage and this was my best target.

I don’t know WTF that is all about.

All told, a bit taller front would be ideal, since my G43 is split the bull with the same sights and this gun is a little longer.

My shooting started to degrade at this point so I tried a couple advanced super tests: 270, 249-1. And Dot T@8: 41/50 and called it a day.

Trigger seems nicer after 750 rounds. Measures 4 lbs. Zero stoppages except a squib in the first 50 rounds.

@Enel, are you running the G43 sights on the 48? The ones that are F: 0.160", R: 0.175"? Thanks.

Hammertime
    @Enel, are you running the G43 sights on the 48? The ones that are F: 0.160", R: 0.175"? Thanks.
    Yes.

@Enel, thanks. It's crazy I only had a chance to shoot about 20 rounds tonight after I squeezed on a new rear on one of my 48's. I went from 6" or so high at 25 yards with .165" F .256" R to low with a .165" F, .240" R. I'm not sure what's going on I was all over the place so maybe I was just having a hard time tonight. I am not a stellar shot at 25 so maybe I need to hit the range fresh tomorrow. I find it crazy the variance I am seeing in the group placement on my gun with the different rear and the fact that your gun seems to be regulating well with 147's with a sight difference of only .15".

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-29-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Short range session with the G43 and G48 today. I used .200 Ameriglo fronts and .256 rears on the G48. This was at the end of my session and is about on par with what I can do. I yanked 3 shots which is typical. Several of my other groups looked much like this at 20 and 25 yards. With the sights I used today it seems like drive the dot at 20 yards (approximately), and just above the tip of the front sight at 25 yards. I will admit it could be me on the additional height at 25 yards, I forgot my B-8's and the targets they had at the range were a bright orange like my front sight so I struggled a bit. My shooting capability needs much improvement at 20 yards and out. Hopefully this helps those of you who are looking at various sight heights to regulate POA/POI with Fed 147gr HST.

One thing I noticed today is that the difference between the G48 and G43 for me with split times and accuracy is pretty negligible which really surprised the crap out of me. The other thing I noticed is that the G48 is much more accurate than my stock G43. I have to drop in an aftermarket barrel in the G43 to shoot on par accuracy wise with the G48. All this time I've felt like sight radius is the limiting factor when in fact it is strictly my capability/maybe slight variance on ammo preference to gun/barrel combo. Who freaking knew.

Photo of 5 @ 20Y and 5 @ 25Y.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-30-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Two hundred round session tonight with the G48. I pretty much drilled GWS from the low ready. I didn't bring a timer because the range is almost always packed on Wednesday nights. Tonight I had the place to myself..

I started with Bill Drills at full hose-it speed. (Which for me, this is typically between 1.8 and 2.2 from the low ready) Shot 6 straight Bill drills and only had three Charlies total. 3 were 5a1c, 3 were 6a.

Name:  IMG_1109.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  19.8 KB

Shot F2S next. 6 reps, all alphas.

4b2h next. I messed up the second split-Bill bad. 4a1c1d. The rest were pretty tight until I threw a mike high on the last one.

2h. Felt slow, but all A's.

Shot WHO and SHO. Much better than last time. I have to squeeze the shit out of the little gun to get results one-handed. Probably need to get some Captains of Crush stuff going.

Wrapped up with 5 shots in a 2" dot at seven yards.

Great session over all. I am starting to really get a feel for the little gun.

I am now at 840 rounds without a hiccup. I still have not had a FTLBE. (As I mentioned in previous posts, two other people have been able to induce FTLBEs with their thumb)

Talon has released their grips for the G48/G43x, so I have a set coming. I think they will be amazing on the G48.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-30-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Short range session with the G43 and G48 today. I used .200 Ameriglo fronts and .256 rears on the G48. This was at the end of my session and is about on par with what I can do. I yanked 3 shots which is typical. Several of my other groups looked much like this at 20 and 25 yards. With the sights I used today it seems like drive the dot at 20 yards (approximately), and just above the tip of the front sight at 25 yards. I will admit it could be me on the additional height at 25 yards, I forgot my B-8's and the targets they had at the range were a bright orange like my front sight so I struggled a bit. My shooting capability needs much improvement at 20 yards and out. Hopefully this helps those of you who are looking at various sight heights to regulate POA/POI with Fed 147gr HST.

One thing I noticed today is that the difference between the G48 and G43 for me with split times and accuracy is pretty negligible which really surprised the crap out of me. The other thing I noticed is that the G48 is much more accurate than my stock G43. I have to drop in an aftermarket barrel in the G43 to shoot on par accuracy wise with the G48. All this time I've felt like sight radius is the limiting factor when in fact it is strictly my capability/maybe slight variance on ammo preference to gun/barrel combo. Who freaking knew.

Photo of 5 @ 20Y and 5 @ 25Y.
    Can you clarify the bullet weight,powder etc on the load used for the target shown?

User Tag List