Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

@GJM what is the exact name of the 5.0 striker spring you’re using that you mentioned in the OP?

Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Shot a rental G48 today at my local square range.

Ammo was Fiocchi 115 FMJ.

I was only interested in the G43X but the G48 was what they had.

I set up and did 5 rounds at 7 yards across a 1” Group. I used a top of blade sight hold.

(Glock Group / first five rounds is the center chest ‘10’)

Shot another 10 rounds but that was it; I was shooting it back to back with a P365 and was actually more curious about the Sig,

It shot like a Glock. I remember why I use an aftermarket trigger in my G19 - the trigger was horrible, and the dingus dug into my trigger finger. And the dovetail protectors were their usual banged up selves on this well used rental. (Gun probably could have used a good cleaning, it has to be said.)

It didn’t, really blow my skirt up. I mean, I didn’t see any advantages between it and my G26.5. Or my G19.5 for that matter.

Still, it shot like a Glock. Very accurate. I’m sure it would be reliable. Glad I shot one but I don’t see buying at this time.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-06-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    @GJM what is the exact name of the 5.0 striker spring you’re using that you mentioned in the OP?
    Wolff 5.0 striker spring.

Shooting in the desert with a brass mat a few days ago, the 48X threw the empty cases so far it was hard to position the mat to catch them, even with PMC 115 which is low power factor ammo. For giggles, I tried the 10-8 1911 test, of shooting without the magazine. Four of five out of the 48X when about 15-20 feet and the fifth case stove-piped.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sunday when I first stepped on to the range, my first two cold shots were with the G43X from 40 yards to see if I could. I was OK with that cold.

Attachment 39931
    Last edited by JHC; 07-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

What’s the best option for a Glock 48 very slim fiber optic front sight with a flat black square notch rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    What’s the best option for a Glock 48 very slim fiber optic front sight with a flat black square notch rear?k
    Dawson shows a .105”

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Dawson shows a .105”
    Thank you. I also found these that I think I am going to give a try:

https://overwatchprecision.com/haveblue

It says they are not good for a Glock 43, but I assume that is because of the shorter slide length. Should be good on a Glock 48 as it’s the same slide length as a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Ran some Underwood Lehigh Xtreme penetrator ammo through the 43X today and it fed fine with a similar POI to HST 147.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm contemplating picking up a 43X or 48. My first instinct is to go with the longer slide version.

However, seems quite a few people prefer the 43X. Is there a consensus or is it shoot both and go from there?

I'm in a pretty rural area of NY and don't have a lot of test drive options.

User Tag List