Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    . . . one of my key benchmarks for a carry gun is getting the hits on a vertical 5x8 card at 25 yards on a tight version of the LAPD SWAT qual - 2 shots from ready in < 4.0 sec.
    Today I ran this 12 times to the 5x8 with the G48 and got 18/24 "alpha" hits - 75%. That's pretty decent for me regardless what I'm shooting. Put 2 bravos in the head and two bad C's low.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Deleted post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 03-24-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Deleted post.
    A Glock??? Let's hear what's up with that?
    Last edited by JHC; 03-25-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    A Glock??? Let's hear what's up with that?
    Not mine but a good friend I use to work with.
    40 Yards 1.8 seconds spilt times on a reduced silhouette.
    from concealment.

He is pretty good with that little Glock.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 03-26-2019 at 01:35 AM.

I traded into a G43x a few days and got to take it out yesterday. My thoughts so far:

Never thought I’d think of 147 gr hst as hot or blasty, but the first mag I shot of the usual carry ammo was. Noticeably more recoil than my shield.

My FAST time was consistently.5 to a full second slower. I struggled on some reloads as the opening is narrower than my usual Glock 17. Usually hit a 46-48 on dot torture, scored a 43 with the 43 .

Was pleased I didn’t get pinched during reloads like I usually do with a 19.

I found it less difficult than expected in “rapid fire” (.3ish splits)

I had one malfunction shooting other strong hand only, bullet failed to feed and nose was caught on feedramp. Thinking I might have limp wristed as no other issues in 165 rounds

Gun is very squirmy. Less slide bite than I expected, though there’s evidence of Glock perfection on my hand. Hopefully grip force makes an adapter for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Wink

I joined the G-48 owners today. Shot a little of everything I had for 160 rounds thru my 2 new mags. All would have been flawless except for one of my reloads. That's on me, not Glock. No Brass to Face!! Empties at 3 O'Clock. It fits my hand quite well. Plan on keeping it stock thru the 2K challenge, then some sights. My G-43 VersaClip will do for now, but I'd like one sized specifically for the 48.
    G-19 BMC fits the new mags to my satisfaction.
    I'm no Annie Oakley, but an 8" gong ever sneaks into my house late at night is gonna get it's paint shot off.
    Last edited by md8232; 04-03-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

So am I the only one getting BTF? Happened probably 5 times in the 120 rounds I shot through it today.

Today was my second outing and went well. No issues or stoppages with the gun. Got a chance to shoot it back to back with my shield. For now, the shield is still better for my needs.

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    So am I the only one getting BTF? Happened probably 5 times in the 120 rounds I shot through it today.

Today was my second outing and went well. No issues or stoppages with the gun. Got a chance to shoot it back to back with my shield. For now, the shield is still better for my needs.

Hmmmmmm. I have not through 950 rds across a 43X and 48.

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post

What ammo are you using?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    What ammo are you using?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I noticed it once with my standard 147 gr reload and the rest were with 2015ish 147 gr hst.

Practice load is a 147 gr fmj fn over 4.6 gr power pistol and range pickup brass

-read on another forum

User Tag List