Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

I don't think reliability will be a huge feat as long as they allow enough room for the spring and a good follower. A double stack 9mm stacks inherently better than a single stack due to tapered case.

Ever notice how HK and Beretta mags always hold two less rounds than the same size Glock mag? Yep. Better mags.

Does the G48 use the same Ameriglo’s as the G43/X? Local dealer has a 48 with the plastic sights I’ve been eying. Wouldn’t mind supporting him and his business and just buying the sights separately but if the G48 uses different Ameriglo sights I’ll just have him order me one with those sights installed.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Does the G48 use the same Ameriglo’s as the G43/X? Local dealer has a 48 with the plastic sights I’ve been eying. Wouldn’t mind supporting him and his business and just buying the sights separately but if the G48 uses different Ameriglo sights I’ll just have him order me one with those sights installed.
    Short answer is yes.
    If every Glock from a 34 to a 26 uses the same sights then there's no reason a 43 and 48 wouldn't as well.
    The sight radius difference between a 34 and a 26 is at least double that of the 43 to 48.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Attachment 35682

I have Burger King tiny hands.

Somehow the thin 92 grips let me run those pretty well.

The 48 is a world smaller and will serve a minimalist carry role for me.

26 feels like a swollen brick to me.
    I agree about the 26 it is Rick like to me also. BTW nice watch, I refer to mine as the invisible Rolex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Depmur View Post
    I agree about the 26 it is Rick like to me also. BTW nice watch, I refer to mine as the invisible Rolex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Indeed.

You don’t see many in the wild in my AO

TTDJ, the occasional yachtmaster and subs but almost never another 369 mafia member

Rented a G48 yesterday on a whim for 50 rounds - based on my experience with it, I think it'll be my next Glock and replace my Shield in my lineup. I'm aware the G26 shoots better and has better parts compatibility with my G19s, but the value of a thin gun can't be overstated for AIWB, and since I carry AIWB exclusively, I can't help but feel that any situation in which I could wear a G26 is one where I could wear one of my G19s instead. The G48 then offers better versatility than the G43X since I can just drop a G43 upper on it and have the 43X configuation, unless I'm missing something.

The 48 had a snappier impulse than my 19 for obvious reasons, but felt better overall than my Shield. Accuracy was reasonable for 10-15 yards given it was still running plastic sights, though I occasionally felt a "hitch" when the trigger was resetting, as if the slide wasn't going fully into battery. I'm assuming this is just typical "rental gun" hiccups and not indicative of a typical, well-maintained gun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    . . . but the value of a thin gun can't be overstated for AIWB, The G48 then offers better versatility than the G43X since I can just drop a G43 upper on it and have the 43X configuation, unless I'm missing something.
    I agree. I carried a G26 all last week, mostly AIWB which is not my preference for a 26 because I find sticking the grip AIWB kind of tricky on the short grip. But it works pretty well. But it's thick like all the standard frames which I've been carrying AIWB or IWB for a couple decades roughly.

Yesterday I worked with the G48 more. I saw a good amount of progress getting the F2S measures down "closer" to the range I was running the G43X config with my 43 upper and standard frame guns a couple weeks ago (post #128). In yesterday's case that just over 2 seconds with lower A's pretty much automatic and upper alpha or solid Bs, albeit mostly B's just under the credit card.

I get this sense when running it on fast drills from the holster and especially those that include a transition like the F2S transition up to the headbox that it's like back in the day when we'd wear ankle weights and then take them off to sprint. Illusory or not it felt light. In this case I suspect it's not that illusory. For a less than extremely strong animal like myself I should be able to move the lighter pistol through space faster. But it takes some adjustment for me not to overswing the headbox transition when trying to shoot reps and push speed.

I have fairly long fingers and I sense I have to grip harder than the standard frames to keep the hits straight and true, especially at 15 and 25 yds. Sort of like the 42 and 43 require from me, just a difference in degree.

Then I carried it IWB yesterday using a Dale Fricke clip "Mexican". Geemonee it was like having a LW Commander tucked there. But lighter yet.

I'm still gonna need a 43X eventually. My OCD will demand the Marksman barrel and that breechface notch that kicks empties out like a G45.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-04-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

https://youtu.be/_-Hh3zlsP1Q. Video of the 15 round Shield arms mags. Sounds promising.

43X 25 yards

25 yards 43X. Federal Tactical Bonded 135+p. Shot two five round strings. I had five in one box, and when I saw how well that grouped I did another five round string.

10 round groups with some 147 were not good. Probably poor attention, poor trigger control, cool temperatures. I also do not care for the serrated trigger, but will not change it. I think that (serrated trigger) “wears” on me with ten round strings.

I have large hands, size 8 glove or extra large work gloves- and I find the pistol to shift in my hands during a longer string of fire. I have it skate board taped up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eric_L; 03-07-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Good shooting with a small Glock Eric L.

User Tag List