Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I hardly ever shoot the G26 either. Before this month, it had been a couple years. One thing I do not miss with a Gen 3 gun was the brass to the face I received. Also, the G26 will in no way eject without the magazine in place, and that is zero issue for the G48. Glock has really improved extraction/ejection and presumably reliability on the newer guns. I do kind of struggle to find a place for the ten round thin frame guns given how much better I shoot the G26. I have 800 rounds to go on the 2k challenge and it has sort of become a chore to shoot the G48. It isn't brutal to shoot or anything, I just don't like it. Pretty sure both the G48 and G3G26 are getting the boot and picking up a G5G26 eventually.
    Wow great shooting, were you shooting the 26 with the flush mag or an extended mag?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Wow great shooting, were you shooting the 26 with the flush mag or an extended mag?
    Both. The super test was flush.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How you prioritize different things will likely determine whether the 43X/48 works better for you than a 43 or 26.

Different body types will conceal the 43, 43X and 26 better or worse, making that a major determinant for many for EDC use. The 26 is likely to split better for most, and the 43X is likely to draw and reload better, so how important you rate those is another difference. Very few people are running 2,000 round tests on their small EDC pistol, or even shooting hundreds of rounds at a time, so I don’t think that will be a significant factor for most.
    I've been carrying standard frame Glocks for so many years, AIWB of the 43X configuration (my 43 slide on the 48 frame) is disorienting. Sure it's as comfortable IWB or AIWB as a 43 but there are 11 rounds on tap. AIWB in the Fricke Jonathan is creating a weird psycho effect - can anything this comfortable for 10 hours be sufficiently capable?

The grip length seems to be more than compensated by its thinness for effective covert carry under garments that would bulge with a standard frame's thickness.

Now I'm wondering, do I really need to be this comfortable? What about "comfortING" (hat tip to Clint Smith).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I ordered a set of Defoor Glock 42/43 sights for my Glock 48, with a plan of installing just the Defoor rear.

Previously I had put on a Pro Glo .180 x .125 front with an Ameriglo Agent rear. That combination hit high and I found the rear notch too wide for the .125 wide front. The Defoor rear is .150 wide and shorter in height than the Agent rear.

The good news is that the Defoor 42/43 rear and the .180 x .125 front seemed to regulate perfectly. This is a magazine to a one inch square at ten yards.

Name:  6C333DAA-F910-41A4-B955-C8E82D0612B7.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  28.0 KB

Later, I did a walk back from 10 to 30 yards with the 48, and again, the sights seemed well regulated.

Name:  D1852046-9079-427C-90B6-E6ADE915231F.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  99.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’d say that was spot on. Nice!!

After trying Ameriglo sights, I’ve got a set of XS’s coming in. It’s not the sights, it’s me. I can just see the XS’s better... but if mine were that regulated, I’d be a happy man indeed. Thanks for the insight.

G48 with .225 front and Warren 42/43 rear zeroed out an inch low at 25.

When i say an inch low, i mean an inch below my point of aim. Im ok with it, ill just shoot the dot instead of the blade tip on this particular setup as im using a fiber front. I seriously dig this little pistol for what it is.

Indoor range was typical Wednesday night madness. Shot 200 rounds through the 48.

Started with 2" dots at 3, 5 and 7.
    Put up a USPSA target and did doubles drills at 7 and 10
    Shot up a good bit of ammo with Rheostat drills at 10.
    Wrapped up with 10-yard head shots.

I experienced a failure to feed on round 988(round 148 this evening). The nose of the bullet stopped on the bottom of the feed ramp. I locked the slide back and dropped the mag and the round fell out on the bench. I couldn't see anything wrong with it so I put it back in the mag and racked the slide. The round chambered and fired normally and I had no further problems for the rest of the night. This was with 124 grain American Eagle.

Site Supporter
    I hope this is okay to post. I have no affiliation with them and just bought some myself,

Glock 43X/48 mags GT distributors
    $21.95

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-magazines.html

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I hope this is okay to post. I have no affiliation with them and just bought some myself,

Glock 43X/48 mags GT distributors
    $21.95

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-magazines.html
    Showed out of Stock yesterday and today.
    Last edited by JBP55; 02-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Showed out of Stock yesterday and today.

Sorry, I ordered a couple of hours ago. I signed up this morning for the out of stock notification and they sent me an email at 4:16 PM. I placed an order right after that. Sign up for notification for once it worked.
    Last edited by steve; 02-07-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Updated

User Tag List