Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Hammertime

Glock 43X/48 Range reports

I shot the G48 and G26 yesterday and feel I shot the G26 much, much better. Let me know if you agree after you see the stats. For the record, I don’t particularly like shooting either gun.

G48@ 25 with 147 HST: 88, 82. Lower score posted because the group was great and I want folks to see how the 147 hits with the Defoor sights. Pretty close to tip for me.

G26@25: 88, 58-3 off target, 72. Not great.

Supertest from concealment:
    G48: 246-1, 269-1 good group but somehow I still threw one away. This was with HST.

G26: somehow I tied a PR: 293 out of this thing. Just overtime at the 5yd line (5.5s)

This puts the G26 in good company with the G45 and G19 on this drill.

Did a second at 273. Faster, but blah.

Dot Torture at 8yds: G48: 34, G26: 39

I finished using the finding your level target to getting singles on the 1” dot, doubles on the 2” dot etc. I ran 10 runs on each except the 4” where I only did a couple. G48 left, G26 right.

To me the targets don’t look all that different, but they felt dramatically different shooting. The G26 was usually 0.2s faster for each string, more accurate, and much more consistent. Plus it is much more pleasant to shoot.

I have now put another 150 rounds of the 124 Magtech that I had trouble with and am 350 rounds without a problem following those light striker hits. I think I messed something up or got some debris in that striker channel when I installed the SCD, because all the light hits happened in the first couple mags after installation. Everything is working fine now.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 02-05-2019 at 08:49 AM.

@Enel yeah, agreed. G26. Obviously I saw some of that too in a less structured example and I've hardly shot the 26s in the past year.

Helluva 48 group with the 147s.

I think it will take some time for me to get the most out of the thin frame guns, which is ok and not a shocker. The hardware has the potential.

I put some +P 124 grain HST through the short slide 48 configuration. That wasn't much fun. Critical Duty 135 gr +P felt much better in the hand.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    G42 is USA made, so no need to make up "points" (ie: Target Trigger) with the ATF/E reference import restrictions...
    My 43 says USA on the side too.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @Enel yeah, agreed. G26. Obviously I saw some of that too in a less structured example and I've hardly shot the 26s in the past year.

I think it will take some time for me to get the most out of the thin frame guns, which is ok and not a shocker. The hardware has the potential.
    I hardly ever shoot the G26 either. Before this month, it had been a couple years. One thing I do not miss with a Gen 3 gun was the brass to the face I received. Also, the G26 will in no way eject without the magazine in place, and that is zero issue for the G48. Glock has really improved extraction/ejection and presumably reliability on the newer guns. I do kind of struggle to find a place for the ten round thin frame guns given how much better I shoot the G26. I have 800 rounds to go on the 2k challenge and it has sort of become a chore to shoot the G48. It isn't brutal to shoot or anything, I just don't like it. Pretty sure both the G48 and G3G26 are getting the boot and picking up a G5G26 eventually.

How you prioritize different things will likely determine whether the 43X/48 works better for you than a 43 or 26.

Different body types will conceal the 43, 43X and 26 better or worse, making that a major determinant for many for EDC use. The 26 is likely to split better for most, and the 43X is likely to draw and reload better, so how important you rate those is another difference. Very few people are running 2,000 round tests on their small EDC pistol, or even shooting hundreds of rounds at a time, so I don’t think that will be a significant factor for most.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It also seems like folks aren't testing ammo to see what the new guns shoot best.

It matters.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It also seems like folks aren't testing ammo to see what the new guns shoot best.

It matters.

Okie John
    Matters for shooting B8 targets or matters for EDC use of the pistol?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Enel has documented some serious ammo. I will worry about final carry ammo choices after learning about how the gun handles, shoots and carries. So far Gold Dots, HST and CD print in the B8 black but I can't shoot the skinny gun consistently enough yet to say which is most precise.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Matters for shooting B8 targets or matters for EDC use of the pistol?
    For B8s.

We have a disconnect when people talk about a pistol being inaccurate in slow fire without having tested ammo.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    For B8s.

We have a disconnect when people talk about a pistol being inaccurate in slow fire without having tested ammo.

Okie John
    I'm tracking. None of my Fiocchi is responsible for some of the flyers I'm slinging. 😁

User Tag List