Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Site Supporter
    I just bought a blue label g48; when my dealer ordered it he asked me if I wanted a black or silver one.

FWIW...yesterday, while at the range with my P30 & P30SK, I decided to rent a G48. I've never owned a Glock, and probably never will, but I wanted to shoot this one, just to get a feel for a compact, single stack 9. The thing that stood out the most to me, was how soft the felt recoil was; a very flat shooter! The cons for ME, was the slide bite, when releasing the slide, and the trigger guard was a little cramped, when trying to get on the trigger, from the index position on the trigger guard. It felt awkward getting my finger into the correct position, but as far as simply just pulling the trigger and making the shot, it was nice. I could see the inherent accuracy, even though it was a quick 50-round stint.

I'll never be a Glock guy, but if someone handed me one in a rush, and said you'll be needing this shortly, I'd be fine with that, I could get it done. I just wish HK would make a P30 single stack, but I won't hold my breath on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just bought a blue label g48; when my dealer ordered it he asked me if I wanted a black or silver one.
    Any chance you can get the SKU numbers for the black versions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    FWIW...yesterday, while at the range with my P30 & P30SK, I decided to rent a G48. I've never owned a Glock, and probably never will, but I wanted to shoot this one, just to get a feel for a compact, single stack 9. The thing that stood out the most to me, was how soft the felt recoil was; a very flat shooter! The cons for ME, was the slide bite, when releasing the slide, and the trigger guard was a little cramped, when trying to get on the trigger, from the index position on the trigger guard. It felt awkward getting my finger into the correct position, but as far as simply just pulling the trigger and making the shot, it was nice. I could see the inherent accuracy, even though it was a quick 50-round stint.

I'll never be a Glock guy, but if someone handed me one in a rush, and said you'll be needing this shortly, I'd be fine with that, I could get it done. I just wish HK would make a P30 single stack, but I won't hold my breath on that one...
    HK won't even put a pic rail on a USP, (and how hard can that be?) Single stack P30? Never happen...
    Last edited by ralph; 06-25-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Anyone running non-factory sights on their 43X and if so, what are you using?

Trying to decide if I just keep it simple and go the factory installed ameriglo option or get the cheapest option to replace them and go third party.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Glock 43X/48 Range reports

I put Suarez on my 43 (and I put that slide on my 48 frame, making a home-brew 43X). It’s a pretty unforgiving center hold, but perfectly fine if you like that. But so is the factory Ameriglos on my 48 slide, so there’s not much difference. Just preference whether you want 3 dot or a ‘Straight 8’ clone. Suarez front sight is narrower if you prefer that (I do).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 06-25-2019 at 04:05 PM.

I’ve got ameriglo pro glo fronts and serrated black rears on my slimmy’s. I bought one set from a member here and they’ve worked well for my needs/preferences. Wish they made a .125 width front with a .130-.135ish rear.

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    I’ve got ameriglo pro glo fronts and serrated black rears on my slimmy’s. I bought one set from a member here and they’ve worked well for my needs/preferences. Wish they made a .125 width front with a .130-.135ish rear.

T-Caps are close to that IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    We purchased a Glock 43x to replace my wife's 43. I installed a Warren Tactical 43 fiber optic set on it and rubber talon grips. I took it to the range last weekend to see what's up with it, and I was on the struggle bus with it quite a bit. I shot some at 25, 15, and 7 yards and marked holes accordingly. I felt like the gun was shooting both high and left for me with the rear sight centered. I couldn't get a good group to save my life in the few rounds I fired. It was a bag of random ammo, so this was not a good first test. I plan on getting some quality 147 grain ammo and trying it from a rest. If it really is shooting that high, a taller front site is needed for sure. i really wish Warren Tactical had the selection that Dawson has, I like their design.
    Attachment 38703

For comparison, I decided to shoot my beloved Glock 45 at 7 yards with some holster drills and head shots before cutting it short to perform my RSO duties for the day. This gun has Taran Tactical sights and a stipple job, everything else is factory.

Attachment 38704

I don't get along with the small guns at all, and I don't think I want to since the Glock 45 carries well for my large frame. Fun fact, for as much fuss that was made about the 19x/45 not being good for concealed carry, when you compare the measurements it's actually a slightly smaller dimensional package than a commander sized 1911 save for it being a little wider. I compared it to the Colt commander, the Springfield Armory Range Officer Champion, and the Ruger SR1911 Commander. A lot of people CCW those guns and no one raised an eyebrow.
    A standard sized brick is smaller in some ways than a Commander too, but it doesn't carry or conceal as well.

Just for shits and giggles, I gave Glock a call earlier to ask about slide refinishing. They will not do it on any Gen5, so no factory refinished to black from them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List