Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

43X with S15 Mag and AmeriGlo GL-305 Report

Pistol is a recent production 43X (BMD serial prefix) equipped with an SCD and AmeriGlo GL-305 sights. The pistol *might* have 250 rounds through it. It was clean-ish and lubed with Slip EWL. A Shield Arms aluminum mag catch was installed last night. Today was an abbreviated vetting of the Shield Arms S15 mag.

S15 notes: After seeing some reports of the S15 failing to drop free and this being attributed at time to some residue on the exterior of the mag, I wiped mine down with some rubbing alcohol and paper towels. Sure enough, a light layer of some brown stuff came off. The mag body was a bit slicker once this was done. I pulled the innards, but there seemed to be little to no residue on the inside of the mag. The whole set up has a quality feel to it. Loading the mag by hand (no loader of any sort), those last two rounds are somewhat tough to load - but they do fit. Mag has no issues dropping free whether at slide lock or not. Bottom line: I had no problems of any sort with the mag (or pistol) - everything functioned as designed. Slide locked back on empty every time and had no failures to feed/eject. In fact, ejection continued to be consistent and vigorous (unlike some of my other Glocks).

First 15+1 through the S15 were 124 grain HSTs. I figured if the S15 would not function properly with carry ammo, there wasn’t much point to the mag at all. No issues at all. At seven, as well as 15 yards (second mag), these shot POA/POI in slow fire. This ammo is a hair snappy in the 43X, but by no means objectionable or obnoxious to shoot.

Then came some 147 grain FMJ Winchester Rangers (RA9147FMJ). 15 in the S15 and five in the factory Glock mag. No issues. Shot these a little faster so the “group” opened up some. Still not horrible POA/POI. These were pretty soft shooting and there were no feeding or extraction issues.

Lastly, two (maybe three) full (15+1) mags with some 124 grain FMJ Blazer ammo. One mag SHO, and at least one (but I think two) mags WHO. Again, zero issues with feeding/ejection.

So, not exhaustive testing by any stretch, but encouraging nonetheless.

ETA: The Shield Arms Mag catch seems to be nicely thought out and executed. I think it may sit a *little* more proud than the factory piece, but does not seem to be an “extended” mag catch in the traditional sense. The face has a nicely knurled surface which provides some grip without being abrasive. The edges around the face are chamfered. It played fine with both the S15 and factory Glock mag. Seems good to go.
    Last edited by Tensaw; 02-01-2020 at 02:27 PM.

500 rounds through my Glock 43X with the Shield mag catch and my 1 S15 mag. No issues at all. Slide locked back every time and the mags fell free. Ran 450 Tula and 50 147 grain HSTs. I am going to order a few more.

The 43x is the best small gun I’ve shot easily. Easy to shoot fast and track. Mine shoots super low with the stock sights but those will get changed obviously. Glad I bought one.

I normally carry a 19 but I think this will be a better option for balancing shootability and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    500 rounds through my Glock 43X with the Shield mag catch and my 1 S15 mag. No issues at all. Slide locked back every time and the mags fell free. Ran 450 Tula and 50 147 grain HSTs. I am going to order a few more.

That was the last mag of a 500 round session after letting the mag drop in the gravel after every 15 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have wide, fleshy palms and am noticing something with my new 48. The rear corner of the mag baseplates is digging into my hand. Has anyone else experienced this? Some gentle recontouring of the baseplates may be in order...

This may sound crazy, but if someone developed a truly flush 10 round magazine I’d pick a few up... I’m so sold on my G48 that I’m already looking to pick up a G43x sometime next year. Unfortunately in California for non-Leo’s they are going for $1,500 right now ☹️ I didn’t (nor do I want to) calculate my investment on my G48 but it’s probably approaching $2k now and this is non-mos model with no slide or frame modifications.

How mine is sitting...

Name:  D3B54289-3368-4DE3-ADEE-C2F716DEC6B9.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  59.2 KB

Has anyone tried a compensator on a 43X yet?

I saw @Humblemarksman's video and was intrigued. He went all the way and did a Rolandito.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Has anyone tried a compensator on a 43X yet?

I saw @Humblemarksman's video and was intrigued. He went all the way and did a Rolandito.
    I have purchased a Mayhem Syndicate 43/43X carry comp and barrel. As soon as I can get a hold of a 43X MOS and put it all together, I will update with my thoughts.

I am in a similar boat. I have a 43, and 48 and have a Suarez Int carry comp but no threaded barrel for the 43 yet but that's my plan to try it out.

I want to try an Agency 417 and mount the front sight on the comp.

I've wanted to try that ever since reading about it in Enos' book.

User Tag List