Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    To me the 43X shoots just like a... 43

Didn't feel anything like a 19 or even 26.
    Good. Should have said I just didn’t like the short grip of a 43 without a mag extension is all.

I need to get a gen 5 17 or 34 too.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    To me the 43X shoots just like a... 43
    See I don’t get this at all. Guess we are all different. I have 5,500 through my G19.5. I bought a 26.5 and could not get past the short grip. It just didn’t work for me. I sold it. I have rented a 43 and, ditto, just could not get past the grip. It felt very squirmy.

Only 300 or so through my 43X and it’s becoming part of my hand now. I really like it. I think the G19 grip length of the 43X suits my size M hands very well. Carry is good in an RCS Perun, AOWB. The 19/43x combo is really working out for me so far.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    See I don’t get this at all. Guess we are all different. I have 5,500 through my G19.5. I bought a 26.5 and could not get past the short grip. It just didn’t work for me. I sold it. I have rented a 43 and, ditto, just could not get past the grip. It felt very squirmy.
    We are certainly different. The G48 is one of very few Glocks I have ever sold off. I much prefer the G26 as a ten round solution. I felt that with a 43 slide on the 43 it shot like, well, a 43. Which I also sort of dislike but it is so small I forgive it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @Jay23 What are the sight heights of those (front sight in particular). Thanks!
    The front is .180. They’re Agents with the yellow front.

I think I might actually buy the oem 8 pound connector for my 42 and 48. I have one in my g43 and I find the trigger to be excellent in it with the 8lb stock connector that is in it. Much more crisp break than the 42 or 48 with the 5.5 lb connectors. And weight wise I don't really notice all that much difference. I can tell it's slightly heavier, but nothing that effects my ability to shoot it well.

I have shot the 48 and the standard 43 back to back quite a few times now, and the 48 is a much softer feeling recoil impulse to the standard g43. I have yet to put my 43 slide on my 48 frame, I really don't see a point in it for me. One thing I did have to do is center the rear sight more on the g48, I was hitting slightly right with it.

I might try a tango down trigger shoe in the 43 because it definitely starts to bite my finger after about 100 rounds. If I like it I will probably put one on the g48 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I think I might actually buy the oem 8 pound connector for my 42 and 48. I have one in my g43 and I find the trigger to be excellent in it with the 8lb stock connector that is in it. Much more crisp break than the 42 or 48 with the 5.5 lb connectors. And weight wise I don't really notice all that much difference. I can tell it's slightly heavier, but nothing that effects my ability to shoot it well.

I have shot the 48 and the standard 43 back to back quite a few times now, and the 48 is a much softer feeling recoil impulse to the standard g43. I have yet to put my 43 slide on my 48 frame, I really don't see a point in it for me. One thing I did have to do is center the rear sight more on the g48, I was hitting slightly right with it.

I might try a tango down trigger shoe in the 43 because it definitely starts to bite my finger after about 100 rounds. If I like it I will probably put one on the g48 as well.
    I might have to try that 8lb connector. It sounds counterintuitive at first but I'm curious now. On Midway now and it's listed as compatible with all models except 42/43.

Is this the part? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004271249
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I might have to try that 8lb connector. It sounds counterintuitive at first but I'm curious now. On Midway now and it's listed as compatible with all models except 42/43.

I can't really tell for sure since it says not for a g42 or g43. The exact part number is 33215 that is for the oem 8 lb connector.

I have never messed around with spring weights, but since they are cheap, I am also thinking about trying maybe a 5 lb striker spring since everyone here says they are still reliable and maybe a reduce power safety plunger spring. I have a feeling that may be ideal to lower the weight to possibly the same as using the newer 5.5 lb connector. To me it seems like a very solid predictable wall and a very nice immediate snap sort of break using the original connector in the early model glock 43.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I can't really tell for sure since it says not for a g42 or g43. The exact part number is 33215 that is for the oem 8 lb connector.

I have never messed around with spring weights, but since they are cheap, I am also thinking about trying maybe a 5 lb striker spring since everyone here says they are still reliable and maybe a reduce power safety plunger spring. I have a feeling that may be ideal to lower the weight to possibly the same as using the newer 5.5 lb connector. To me it seems like a very solid predictable wall and a very nice immediate snap sort of break using the original connector in the early model glock 43.
    That would only reduce your trigger pull weight approximately 6 oz.

I have an OEM 33215 connector. It's yours if you want it. PM shipping info if you do.

43X and 48 use the 43/42 connector not this one.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List