Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sorry, .180 tall by .125.
    Thanks.

Question

Sight question for the 43X owners out there. Are you running the 42/43 rear with the .180” high front sight like on the 48 or are standard 42/43 sight sets good to go for the 43X? Thanks!

Put 100 rounds through my new 48 today.
    Gotta say I was slightly underwhelmed.
    Nothing about is has me thinking that it'll replace my Gen5 26.
    The slimmer grip is just squirrely enough to slow me down, but not slim enough or stubby enough to make it conceal much better than the 26.
    The wind was howling today (30+ and gusty) so I didn't get out past 15Y.
    Slow precision was good, at speed it's harder to control than the 26 (especially when I use +2 mags in the 26).
    I have some Night Fision sights coming in to replace the factory "ball in a bucket" sights, i'll see if that helps at speed.

Right now it's a mehhh. Maybe with more rounds downrange and new sights it'll get better.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I had pre-ordered 48/43x mags from Brownells a little over a week ago. Called them today to ask when they expect to receive their shipment, CS rep said not until the 1st of April. Cancelled order.

https://www.themagshack.com/shop/glo...ogIkxVc3ptRiJ9

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    I had pre-ordered 48/43x mags from Brownells a little over a week ago. Called them today to ask when they expect to receive their shipment, CS rep said not until the 1st of April. Cancelled order.

I did the same thing several days ago.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post

I did the same thing several days ago.
    Same. They'll show up eventually.

More quotes from my TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    45 minute range session. 100 rounds through the G48. I am starting to think that the FTFeed that occurred was due to not having the magazine seated. May never know for sure but I am pretty sure it wasn't the ammo's fault. The mag is a little tougher to seat than I am used to. Tonight I had the mag drop after the first shot because I did not get it in all of the way. I had better pay more attention to firmly seating magazines when I load/reload. I shot 50 rounds at a B8 at seven and 50 rounds at a B8 at 10.

50 at 7. Heeled one out of the black.
    Attachment 35126

50 at 10.
    Attachment 35127
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Still struggling to prove that the G48 has a place in my life. Being completely honest with myself, I don't know that it offers a worthwhile advantage over a Glock 19, and I may never get around to comparing it to a G26. Too big for a Smart Carry. Traditional AIWB is so uncomfortable that I will not go that route. Even a G42 in a Hitchiker can only stay up there so long. At 4:00 IWB, I don't see enough of an advantage over a G19 to be worth it. It almost feels like there is no such thing as "just right" in between "too big" and "too small". The last thing to test is to see if it causes back pain like the G19 at 4:00 IWB. If it does, then OWB is the final answer, and the G48 is not enough thinner than the G19 to offset the extra work required to shoot it well.

Still pondering it all...

Site Supporter

First I’ve heard of themagshack, do they have a good rep? They are a bit cheaper the gunmagwarehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    First I’ve heard of themagshack, do they have a good rep? They are a bit cheaper the gunmagwarehouse.
    I ordered mine from Botach because they had so many and others were selling out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Bolds are a great option on these guns.

Attachment 34786Attachment 34787
    @ST911 are those the Bolds that come with the G48? If they are, any chance you can measure them?

User Tag List