Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yea... the calculator I use shows:
    To change a Glock 43's impact by 1" at 25Y would require +- 0.007" of sight height
    To change a Glock 48's impact by 1" at 25Y would require +- 0.006" of sight height
    The longer sight radius accounts for +-0.001" / 1" @ 25Y
    To bring a 48 down 3" at 25Y would require a +0.020" front sight yet the sight radius difference shows it should only require a +0.003" front sight from a Glock 43.

But I've already had a beer or two and math is hard so i'm sure that @Tom_Jones will be along shortly to correct me. (I hope).

There is no way the correct sights for a G43 will be off by 3"-4" when installed on a G48 as was mentioned in an earlier thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    There is no way the correct sights for a G43 will be off by 3"-4" when installed on a G48 as was mentioned in an earlier thread.
    I agree, I was just trying to prove it via drunk mathmaticals.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I agree, I was just trying to prove it via drunk mathmaticals.
    Your drunk math is pretty damn good. I’ve got a sight pusher on order and will be putting the HDs on for a Saturday morning range trip.
    On another note the G48 carries like a dream for me. I already used a JMCK wing claw 43 long so the extra slide length is a plus. The G43’s width was perfect but the slide length was too long for pocket carry but not long enough to AIWB carry without a longer holster. Now let’s hope it’s reliable and accurate.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 02-19-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Drunk spelling.

My math might not be so good but my common sense says that since a Glock 19 and 26 can share the same sights then a 43 and a 48 can too.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I just spoke to Trijicon tech support. They say G43 HDs will hit 3-4 inches high at 25 yards on a G48.
    This is the post I was referring to about Trijicons response which I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    This is the post I was referring to about Trijicons response which I disagree with.
    Tell the Trijicon CS guy to try more finger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tell the Trijicon CS guy to try more finger.
    I think he was counting with with all his fingers and toes while drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Your drunk math is pretty damn good. I’ve got a sight pusher on order and will be putting the HDs on for a Saturday morning range trip.
    On another note the G48 carries like a dream for me. I already used a JMCK wing claw 43 long so the extra slide length is a plus. The G43’s width was perfect but the slide length was too long for pocket carry but not long enough to AIWB carry without a longer holster. Now let’s hope it’s reliable and accurate.

Same here. The thinness especially noticeable AIWB vs standard frame Glocks. I find that thinness more than compensates for the grip's length worn AIWB insofar as concealing in snugger garments than would tolerate the thickness of a 26 or 19.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

G43X / G48 Magazines In Stock

The Mag Shack has G48 magazines in stock $21.99. 4 for $95 with shipping.

Got to fire 50 rounds today. I definitely like the 48 better than the 43. The grip is much better. Whether or not it will dethrone the G19 is going to take a while to figure out.

I did install the HDs, SCD, and a Vicker’s extended slide release. Also if anyone is looking for a sight pusher I picked this one up off Amazon for $39 bucks and it works really well. I can’t confirm it’s truely universal but it definitely works on Glocks. I believe it’s called the Washington Gun Works Universal Sight Pusher. Less than $40 bucks and it already saved me $20.
    Name:  6D28E50E-CD2C-415D-839C-6CE2AD62F7D8.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  54.5 KBName:  DA7D50A6-CC34-4F39-8672-BBC30F41B851.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  94.3 KB
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 02-20-2019 at 08:13 PM.

User Tag List