Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Shot my 43x yesterday with stock plastic sights. Testing it for function more than anything. Shot several GSSF stages with it. Everything from low ready. Really impressed with how it shoots. First 12 yard plate rack from low ready in 3.5 seconds. I had to check the timer to make sure it picked up every shot because it felt really easy and slow. Took 7 shots to drop 6 plates on the same rack at 25 yards. Dropped one round on the 25 yard target on 5 to Glock. Shot Glock M clean. Heavy rain cut the trip short but I’m really impressed with the 43x. For me it just feels easier to shoot than the 48. I’m really looking forward to putting a lot of rounds from concealment through it and seeing what I can really do.

Question about sights. Has anyone really figured out what heights work the best on the 43x? I’m leaning toward 115 Gold Dot for carry. I almost ordered a set of Warren sights for it last night but I’m not sure about the .160 rear notch width or POI with them
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Pretty sure my JMCK is showing up today, cant wait, Ive just been jamming the 43x in the waistband around the house (not loaded) and it is so easy to carry. Looking forward to having a holster.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Shot my 43x yesterday with stock plastic sights. Testing it for function more than anything. Shot several GSSF stages with it. Everything from low ready. Really impressed with how it shoots. First 12 yard plate rack from low ready in 3.5 seconds. I had to check the timer to make sure it picked up every shot because it felt really easy and slow. Took 7 shots to drop 6 plates on the same rack at 25 yards. Dropped one round on the 25 yard target on 5 to Glock. Shot Glock M clean. Heavy rain cut the trip short but I’m really impressed with the 43x. For me it just feels easier to shoot than the 48. I’m really looking forward to putting a lot of rounds from concealment through it and seeing what I can really do.

Question about sights. Has anyone really figured out what heights work the best on the 43x? I’m leaning toward 115 Gold Dot for carry. I almost ordered a set of Warren sights for it last night but I’m not sure about the .160 rear notch width or POI with them

Nice. Personally I'm very happy sub 4 with dang near any pistol on any given day. I've exceeded that a very few times with a lot of practice but first run? Nope.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Nice. Personally I'm very happy sub 4 with dang near any pistol on any given day. I've exceeded that a very few times with a lot of practice but first run? Nope.
    I'm giving all the credit to Gabe after taking his class last weekend.

So back to sights. There is info spread all through this thread about what is working and what isn't. I don't have a long enough attention span to sift through all of it. Would it be worth starting a new thread that is just about sight configurations for the 43x and 48? List sight heights, POA/POI, and ammo used?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So back to sights. There is info spread all through this thread about what is working and what isn't. I don't have a long enough attention span to sift through all of it. Would it be worth starting a new thread that is just about sight configurations for the 43x and 48? List sight heights, POA/POI, and ammo used?
    Sure, probably not a bad idea. Like this?

Front = Ameriglo Pro-Glo Orange 0.180"
    Rear = Glock Plastic OEM
    POI = POA with a "cover the dot" hold
    Ammo = Both Federal P9HST2 147 JHP / Federal AE9DP 115 FMJ

My 43X is a cool little gun. I had it in my RCS Perun this past weekend. I wore one of my old RV "retired geezer" plaid shirts, printing was about the same as the G19 (grip height its identical). Weight much less obviously. I am pretty happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sure, probably not a bad idea. Like this?

Front = Ameriglo Pro-Glo Orange 0.180"
    Rear = Glock Plastic OEM
    POI = POA with a "cover the dot" hold
    Ammo = Both Federal P9HST2 147 JHP / Federal AE9DP 115 FMJ

My 43X is a cool little gun. I had it in my RCS Perun this past weekend. I wore one of my old RV "retired geezer" plaid shirts, printing was about the same as the G19 (grip height its identical). Weight much less obviously. I am pretty happy with it.
    I want to change out sights on my 48. I’m sick of my razor sharp HDs. What night sight set up with a U-notch rear can I get that will allow me to shoot POA = POI shooting the dot? I prefer a 3 dot set up. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I want to change out sights on my 48. I’m sick of my razor sharp HDs. What night sight set up with a U-notch rear can I get that will allow me to shoot POA = POI shooting the dot? I prefer a 3 dot set up. TIA
    I’m probably like the last person to recommend sight options, but if I was going to fit night sights both front and rear, I’d keep my Ameriglo Orange Tritium 0.180” high fronts and just swap out the plastic OEM rear for a standard Glock OEM night sight rear.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    126 initial rounds through my new G43X today. Zero issues. Ejection strong and upward to the right. I'd replaced the stock front with a 0.185 Ameriglo Tritium/Orange front, and used the OEM plastic rear but sharpied black. Ammo was a mix of mostly AE9DP and Federal HST 147. Shot a 25 yard B8 for a 63-1X. Did 10 rounds slow fire on a B8 for a 94-0X. A highlight (for me anyway) was cleaning FYL at 3 yards, the elusive 1" box was dispatched (ok it was 9' but still; for me, with a new gun, I thought was good.) A repeat at 5 yards yielded 9/10.

I like this little gun.

What target is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    What target is that?
    Week 295: Finding Your Level
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List