Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    First shot, if I do my job, no problem. Subsequent shots fall down the stairs. Not sure if that is the pistol slipping in my grip or what. I'm still coming to grips (har har) with how to best wrap this thing in my mitts, how much finger to put on the trigger, etc.

This was a five shot group at 7 yds, slow. 1st shot X, next four shots group low. (Pic isn't upside down - I have a habit of stapling the targets upside down.)

Attachment 37382

This is a 5 shot group SHO at 7 yds, slow. The group pushes to the right (I'm a lefty) - no big shock. But they're also not pulling low as much. These results are annoyingly repeatable.

Maybe I should only shoot steel.

Attachment 37383
    Talons....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a g48 to go with the 43x I recently got.

I’m more and more impressed with the 43x, but this 48 is the sauce.

Shot about 135 #flawless rounds through the gun. Shot 18 rounds of 147 hst, 1 mag standard 2 handed grip running at a healthy pace (.5/.6 splits) and 4 rounds each hand single hand only with a super weak grip. No issues and every round ejected nicely.

2 of the 3 25 yard groups
    Name:  IMG_0565.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  21.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0566.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  22.1 KB

And I think this is a 43 at 5 yards. I’m out of town and at a different range, one that didn’t let me draw from the holster, so I modified by drawing from low ready. On a positive note, dude beside me was shooting a suppressed 300 BO with his girlfriend, and complemented me a full minute on my “tight groups” and I swear I saw a lightbulb turn on when he saw me shooting one handed with both hands. I swear public ranges always make me feel way better about myself after looking at other folks targets on this site.

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

I’m not a Glock guy so I haven’t been following these threads. Sorry if this is old news or fake news. It’s not my gig.

According to “TheObsceneSailor” on IG, the mags fit 11 rounds making them illegal in certain ban states.

Name:  DC37EA00-BEC4-47C4-BD63-455C8DD3B0E9.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  35.4 KB
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I’m not a Glock guy so I haven’t been following these threads. Sorry if this is old news or fake news. It’s not my gig.

According to “TheObsceneSailor” on IG, the mags fit 11 rounds making them illegal in certain ban states.

Name:  DC37EA00-BEC4-47C4-BD63-455C8DD3B0E9.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  35.4 KB
    IDK. But my thumb gave up before I got #11 in the mag I tried it in.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I could get 11 in at least one mag,but I couldn’t fit it in the gun with slide closed and didn’t bother to try on an open slide

"I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 43X has BOLD sights, but with a .180 high front sight. At the end of my regular practice today, I shot the 43X.

This was 15 yards with American Eagle 115 ball:

Attachment 37063

Since I remembered that loads shoots different than my 147 HST, I shot HST at 25 yards:

Attachment 37064

Since that looked good, and I know Gary likes ten shot groups, I went back to 25 and shot five more HST. Unfortunately I jerked the trigger on the next to last shot, spoiling my work:

Attachment 37065
    Yesterday I shot a 30 CoF that has pretty aggressive PARs and stages from 2 yards to 25 yards. It includes two stages at 15 and two at 25 which include the reduced body pictured and the bolded box headshots.

I shot it with the 9mm Operator and shot a solid 27. Then I repeated it with the 43X.
    With the 43X I seemed to have shot a 28 but there's a problem. If a shot outside the scoring boxes should be launched into the outside world, it's a FAIL.

And I put one through an ear lobe and one just whizzed past the side of the head with the 43 from the longer distances. But I was still wicked impressed with the hits from the little gun.

I did not repeat whole CoF with my G26 but I shot multiple reps of the 15 and 25 yard stages and dropped more points than with the 43X.

Caveat - in recent weeks I've been shooting mostly 1911 and G48/43X. I am finding the grip on those two classes of pistol be more in simpatico that mixing with the standard frame Glocks. It's always what you are habituated to and recency right? So I don't read into it more than this what I'm shooting.

Nevertheless, just sayin'

Attachment 37881

Attachment 37882
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I picked up a new Glock 48 with my GSSF coupon today. Interestingly, I can get 12 snap caps loaded into each of the magazines, with the assistance of a maglula. Seems a little easier to get 12 in this magazine than to get 10 in the P365 magazine (which is admittedly much smaller).

The mags seem to bulge a bit with 12, adding some resistance when inserting the magazine into the gun. But it feels normal to insert, rack, etc with 11 loaded.

Site Supporter
    What AIWB Holster is everyone using with the 43x? I am thinking of picking one of these up on a whim.

I keep telling myself that a 43 and 43x can replace my Jframe, therefore I can avoid buying 38 special Ammo forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    What AIWB Holster is everyone using with the 43x? I am thinking of picking one of these up on a whim.

I keep telling myself that a 43 and 43x can replace my Jframe, therefore I can avoid buying 38 special Ammo forever.
    The Tenicor Velo is fantastic if you don’t mind a molded-in wedge. And they are a stocked item, no wait time, with a full return policy. I’ve read lots of recommendations for JM also. I don’t have direct experience - yet. I have a JM ordered for my HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

Dale Fricke Jonathan for me. I love it. Carries low in a minimalist form factor design.

User Tag List