Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

I have moved to the sandpaper talons. Much better in sweaty or snowy/rain conditions. You can sand down the side that goes against your body or cut that portion off if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We finally took my wife's new 48 out yesterday. She had a couple of misfeeds that I attribute to limp wristing, seeing how much muzzle flip she was experiencing. I had no such issues with it.

I can't comment too much on accuracy vs my standard 43 as I didn't have both with me, and I can't get one ragged hole at 10 yards with irons. But to me as an amateur it met my expectations.

Cleaning, however, is a pain. Every little smudge shows up plain as day on the matte silver.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    We finally took my wife's new 48 out yesterday. She had a couple of misfeeds that I attribute to limp wristing, seeing how much muzzle flip she was experiencing. I had no such issues with it.

I can't comment too much on accuracy vs my standard 43 as I didn't have both with me, and I can't get one ragged hole at 10 yards with irons. But to me as an amateur it met my expectations.

Cleaning, however, is a pain. Every little smudge shows up plain as day on the matte silver.
    What's this "cleaning" thing? People clean guns? [emoji3]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I picked up a blue label 48 with Ameriglo Bolds to test out. Ran 150 rounds of my 147 Blue Bullets reloads last night. No drama. Sights seem to be regulated well out to 25. No issues knocking down 8” plates on the plate rack at 25. I was cutting the plate in half with the top of the sight. I shot this after putting 100 rounds through my Springfield 45. I was surprised at how snappy the 48 felt. I have a sprained right wrist at the moment (just a mild sprain now) so that might have something to do with the felt recoil.

One shot at a time was no issue. Stringing multiple shots together was more challenging. Needs some texture or grip tape in my opinion. It feels especially slick where the heal of my hand meets the back strap. I don’t have a trigger gage but it feels heavier than my 17.5’s. Clean break, no roll at the wall.

I don’t have a holster yet. It actually has a decent fit in a Raven OWB for a VP9 so I did draws from that. Easy to acquire a master grip. Can’t wait to get an appendix holster for it. My hands aren’t giant but I typically wear a large glove. My thumb knuckle was cut by the slide pretty early.

I’m not very good with small pistols. I felt myself getting flinchitis toward the end of the session. Sample targets. Please don’t judge me too harshly.

Shot a couple groups to verify sights then shot dot torture. Started good enough then kind of fell apart. Draws from the Phantom reloads from front pants pocket.

Name:  9CD2B6EF-F7A0-4D05-AB03-07CFB81BFEAD.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  40.3 KB

This was the next to last thing I shot for the day. Can see the flinching creeping in. All strings easily under the 2.5 second par. Open carry draws from the Phantom VP9 holster.

Name:  0AC0A033-4731-4A5B-98AD-279262DF2F03.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  28.4 KB

Ignore the hole not in the group on this target. Didn’t tape it before shooting the group. Shot a group to end the day. 5 rounds from 5 yards. I “cheated” to work on getting away from the flinches. Sights on target, trigger prepped, break the shot when the timer beeps. Pistol will work if I do.

Name:  E40A0A17-4851-4D06-99A7-BAE9F7EA36A8.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  31.0 KB

Thumb meet slide. Slide is sharp like my sense of humor.

Name:  407ADEBE-99BE-4077-82D5-037A28403ABF.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  75427083-2AD0-482E-AEAE-31C3DB3CF3A7.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  35.0 KB

Round count will go up slowly. I’m getting ready for a match next month that puts a premium on accuracy. I’ll be focusing on that until after the match. When my DSG holster shows up I’ll run some carry ammo through it.
    Last edited by MGW; 03-23-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    What's this "cleaning" thing? People clean guns? [emoji3]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Yeah thats me too but I'm amazed how smoked up the silver guns look. I don't notice it on the all black.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The bad news: my 25 yard shooting still leaves a lot to be desired.
    The good news: it's all windage issues, so the Dawson G43 sights seem just about perfect for 147 gr HST through the G48 at 25 yards.

Name:  20190323_190747651_iOS.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  37.0 KB

Additionally, I snatched up one of my range buddy's G43 mags to confirm my suspicions about the mag/follower being different and necessitating the use of a heavier/stronger G48/G43X-specific slide stop. G48 on left, G43 on right. I did my best to hold both mags at the same angle and distance so you can see just how much higher the slide stop notch rides in the G48/G43X mags.

Name:  20190323_191801870_iOS.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  27.5 KB
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 03-23-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah thats me too but I'm amazed how smoked up the silver guns look. I don't notice it on the all black.
    The new coating has an interesting feel to it. Noticeably less slick than the traditional coating. Helps an old fart achieve a positive slide rack. Glad it cleans right up as it does tend to collect the residue.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    The new coating has an interesting feel to it. Noticeably less slick than the traditional coating. Helps an old fart achieve a positive slide rack. Glad it cleans right up as it does tend to collect the residue.
    Same coating as on the 19X, and much less slippery than the regular Gen 5 coating.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same coating as on the 19X, and much less slippery than the regular Gen 5 coating.
    I didn't realized that. Now I'd like to have that coating in a nice satin black on the 48

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    The bad news: my 25 yard shooting still leaves a lot to be desired.
    The good news: it's all windage issues, so the Dawson G43 sights seem just about perfect for 147 gr HST through the G48 at 25 yards.

Name:  20190323_190747651_iOS.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  37.0 KB

Additionally, I snatched up one of my range buddy's G43 mags to confirm my suspicions about the mag/follower being different and necessitating the use of a heavier/stronger G48/G43X-specific slide stop. G48 on left, G43 on right. I did my best to hold both mags at the same angle and distance so you can see just how much higher the slide stop notch rides in the G48/G43X mags.

Name:  20190323_191801870_iOS.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  27.5 KB
    Noice. Eliminating the flyer is tricky with the little guns. But that's tracking strong.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List