Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I believe you are right to doubt. IIRC, the G48 should have a .020" taller front than the G43.

They told me that the G34.5 MOS sights would work on my 19x, even though the G34 had a shorter front than back, and the G19x sights they list have a taller front than back. Taking advantage of their Perfect Impact" policy, it took 4 weeks to have a proper front sight made.

If you already know what heights to order, I would consider just ordering those to begin with to save time. You may lose the benefit of the perfect impact policy in doing so, though.
    Do you remember which height front you went with for the 19X? I can't seem to figure their calculations out, they have the G34 listed with a .215" front, the 19X/G45 with a .225" front, and the 17/19 with a .235" front.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Do you remember which height front you went with for the 19X? I can't seem to figure their calculations out, they have the G34 listed with a .215" front, the 19X/G45 with a .225" front, and the 17/19 with a .235" front.
    The Dawson Charger FO on my non-optic 19x is a .225" front. It could use a .235", but is pretty close at 25 with 124 AE and 147 HST.

The Tritium MOS Co-witness set they sent me needed .030" added to the front, but I could not find the exact same set on their site today to give you the numbers. I tried to retrieve it in my account history but the product says it is no longer available.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 03-19-2019 at 01:51 PM.

G43X with Ameriglo i-dot PRO

Just wanted to add that my G43X with Ameriglo i-dot PRO sights is shooting 2" high at 10Y, almost 3" at 15Y and about 5-6" high at 25Y.
    I was really having to lollipop the sights to hit the X-ring consistently.

I got a .245 tall front sight (Wilson Combat / AmeriGlo - Glock .245 Front Sight Green Tritium w/ Green Outline), and will report back on Thursday where those are shooting.

Originals are .200 I believe...and I needed to go up .04...hopefully, I can cut the target in half and don't have a combat--shoot-to-the-dot sight picture. We'll see.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I just got ahold of GLOCK today for a set of Ameriglo Bolds for the 48. I had to fax the order in since they’re not on the their website yet. It has the correct height front sight, .220”, to regulate for the 48. The 43X takes a .200” front sight.
    I haven't measured my sights (calipers have gone missing, hmm...) but the factory Ameriglos on my 48 hit at a consistent 6:00 hold out to 15 yds. Haven't checked beyond that. I know my Suarez sights on my 43 (.215" front by what I've been told) are a hard traditional cover-the-target sight picture. I'd like to replace with Defoors and deal with wherever the POA ends up being. FTR the Suarez sights are great if you like that sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I haven't measured my sights (calipers have gone missing, hmm...) but the factory Ameriglos on my 48 hit at a consistent 6:00 hold out to 15 yds. Haven't checked beyond that. I know my Suarez sights on my 43 (.215" front by what I've been told) are a hard traditional cover-the-target sight picture. I'd like to replace with Defoors and deal with wherever the POA ends up being. FTR the Suarez sights are great if you like that sight picture.
    What markings are on the side of the front sight on the 48?

Went and finger banged a G48 today - didn't have the 43X at the local LE dealer. Felt pretty good in the hand, decent trigger. I was surprised I didn't dislike the slide finish more - I generally HATE shiny slides, but this was pretty matte in the fluorescent light in the dealer's shop.

Not sure why GLOCK opted to stick with the generally worthless G43 "texture" on the grip - if they'd used the Gen4/5 texture I'd have been a lot more interested. As stated above, the pistol felt OK in the hand, but, on presenting towards a safe wall, I still felt like the gun was "fishtailing" on the way to full extension - a problem that was very pronounced for me with the 43. This was better, but still felt like the gun wanted to squirm, even in moderate presentation speed and dry fire.

I wish GLOCK luck on this one - and I bet it'll sell like hotcakes in capacity challenged states, but I think my wallet is safe for now...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Went and finger banged a G48 today - didn't have the 43X at the local LE dealer. Felt pretty good in the hand, decent trigger. I was surprised I didn't dislike the slide finish more - I generally HATE shiny slides, but this was pretty matte in the fluorescent light in the dealer's shop.

Not sure why GLOCK opted to stick with the generally worthless G43 "texture" on the grip - if they'd used the Gen4/5 texture I'd have been a lot more interested. As stated above, the pistol felt OK in the hand, but, on presenting towards a safe wall, I still felt like the gun was "fishtailing" on the way to full extension - a problem that was very pronounced for me with the 43. This was better, but still felt like the gun wanted to squirm, even in moderate presentation speed and dry fire.

I wish GLOCK luck on this one - and I bet it'll sell like hotcakes in capacity challenged states, but I think my wallet is safe for now...
    Yep. You gotta grip it like it owes you money alright.

I have taken Defoor's advice and Talon gripped on and will friction tape the other.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Talon grips ftw. Simple and cheap. Works amazing on my g43. No problem shooting defensive loads. I imagine the full grip on the g43x/48 would be that much better.

I am leaning heavy on the 48 since it gives me some adaptability with my 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Talons did help a little. I had the rubberized ones on my 48. Still gotta grip the piss out of it.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 03-20-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The Talons did help a little. I had the rubberized ones on my 48. Still gotta grip the piss out of it.
    After shooting my g48 I will definitely add some talons.

Also, just as a side note to all reading this thread, my slide was pretty caked with carbon after my range trip but a rag and some clp and it came off very easily. The finish looks new again.

Although I would probably prefer black, I would say the finish is pretty high quality.

User Tag List