Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Site Supporter
    I use a JM 2.0 with DCC clips.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yesterday I shot a 30 CoF that has pretty aggressive PARs and stages from 2 yards to 25 yards. It includes two stages at 15 and two at 25 which include the reduced body pictured and the bolded box headshots.

I shot it with the 9mm Operator and shot a solid 27. Then I repeated it with the 43X.
    With the 43X I seemed to have shot a 28 but there's a problem. If a shot outside the scoring boxes should be launched into the outside world, it's a FAIL.

And I put one through an ear lobe and one just whizzed past the side of the head with the 43 from the longer distances. But I was still wicked impressed with the hits from the little gun.

Attachment 37881

Attachment 37882
    @JHC are you still liking the 43X? I am very close to ordering a Blue Label 43X. Living in a ban state, makes ordering magazines much easier and the size would make summer carry easier too. The longer grip does appeal to me for reloads too.

We purchased a Glock 43x to replace my wife's 43. I installed a Warren Tactical 43 fiber optic set on it and rubber talon grips. I took it to the range last weekend to see what's up with it, and I was on the struggle bus with it quite a bit. I shot some at 25, 15, and 7 yards and marked holes accordingly. I felt like the gun was shooting both high and left for me with the rear sight centered. I couldn't get a good group to save my life in the few rounds I fired. It was a bag of random ammo, so this was not a good first test. I plan on getting some quality 147 grain ammo and trying it from a rest. If it really is shooting that high, a taller front site is needed for sure. i really wish Warren Tactical had the selection that Dawson has, I like their design.
    Name:  20190601_103152.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  56.1 KB

For comparison, I decided to shoot my beloved Glock 45 at 7 yards with some holster drills and head shots before cutting it short to perform my RSO duties for the day. This gun has Taran Tactical sights and a stipple job, everything else is factory.

Name:  20190601_121155.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  38.3 KB

I don't get along with the small guns at all, and I don't think I want to since the Glock 45 carries well for my large frame. Fun fact, for as much fuss that was made about the 19x/45 not being good for concealed carry, when you compare the measurements it's actually a slightly smaller dimensional package than a commander sized 1911 save for it being a little wider. I compared it to the Colt commander, the Springfield Armory Range Officer Champion, and the Ruger SR1911 Commander. A lot of people CCW those guns and no one raised an eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    @JHC are you still liking the 43X? I am very close to ordering a Blue Label 43X. Living in a ban state, makes ordering magazines much easier and the size would make summer carry easier too. The longer grip does appeal to me for reloads too.
    Absolutely love it. I plan to get a second one to pound every week on the range.

And a funny thing I've noticed the last few months now that most of my shooting this year has been with 1911s, 43X or 48.

Every so often I take one of my standard frame Glocks along for maintaining familiarity. Note Kyle Defoor's point from a few years ago that shooting the smaller framed Glocks (he first made the point about this re the G43 he carried and shot extensively) required more execution of grip and trigger fundamentals.

So, I've found a couple of my standard frame Glocks that "suddenly" need their rear sights centered vs a tick to the right to keep them from having a right bias POI. Not sure how they get jacked up sitting in the gunsafe.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    @JHC are you still preferring the 43X to the 48? I’m seriously considering either picking up one of the two or a 34gen5 (I know, two different use cases) since Glock is running their Blue Label program for vets again.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    @JHC are you still preferring the 43X to the 48? I’m seriously considering either picking up one of the two or a 34gen5 (I know, two different use cases) since Glock is running their Blue Label program for vets again.
    Yes I prefer the 43X by a wide margin. I can't say it makes any sense but I prefer it's shooting and handling qualities and don't see any gain from the 48.
    When I pit them head to head on common drills, I score better with the 43X.

I recently was speaking with Gabe and he strongly prefers the 48. YMMV.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I’ll need to rent both and try them side by side before deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yes I prefer the 43X by a wide margin. I can't say it makes any sense but I prefer it's shooting and handling qualities and don't see any gain from the 48.
    When I pit them head to head on common drills, I score better with the 43X.
    This is my experience. I favor the 43X over the 48 for the same reasons that I favor the 19X/G45 over the 17/34.

I recently was speaking with Gabe and he strongly prefers the 48. YMMV.
    And if I'm not mistaken, Gabe is a G34 guy, and his choice of 48 would be consistent with that as well.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is my experience. I favor the 43X over the 48 for the same reasons that I favor the 19X/G45 over the 17/34.

And if I'm not mistaken, Gabe is a G34 guy, and his choice of 48 would be consistent with that as well.

While I expected to be in the 48 camp, I also prefer the 43X. Gabe was a Gen 3 34 guy but now he is a Gen 5 17 guy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Picked up a G48 with Ameriglo’s last week. Only have a couple hundred through it but liking it so far. Shooting it pretty closely to my G19. It’s my new hot weather carry gun.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List