Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    On factory 43X/48, what size front bold does it come with?
    My 43X came with a .200” tall front. Here’s my POI at 10 y. Name:  5F9DEA54-1D25-4073-95CF-777728A228FE.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  36.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Are they now making NY triggers for the Slimline Glocks?

https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-N...ctinfo/G39324/

Fired my first 100 rounds of Speer 147 gr. Lawman out of my 43X yesterday. Agree with the previous posts that it's "squirmy" in recoil, but otherwise very controllable. I did shoot low/left, but I do struggle with single stack guns (I ditched a P239 quickly, in spite of great results with P226s/P229s), and I also struggle with Glocks, so the combination might be a non-starter. Going to take a few more range sessions to see if it's a keeper, but if it's not, it's definitely me, not the gun. I LOVE the profile for an AIWB carry gun. But, I just don't know if it's the right answer for me, personally. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Fired my first 100 rounds of Speer 147 gr. Lawman out of my 43X yesterday. Agree with the previous posts that it's "squirmy" in recoil, but otherwise very controllable. I did shoot low/left, but I do struggle with single stack guns (I ditched a P239 quickly, in spite of great results with P226s/P229s), and I also struggle with Glocks, so the combination might be a non-starter. Going to take a few more range sessions to see if it's a keeper, but if it's not, it's definitely me, not the gun. I LOVE the profile for an AIWB carry gun. But, I just don't know if it's the right answer for me, personally. Time will tell.
    I found them challenging at first too, but showing great potential. I've taken Kyle Defoor and some PF'r's here advice and Talon gripped the 43X and grip taped the 48. It's helpful.

They take strong grip fundamentals for me. I am finding it very rewarding. Before getting rained off the range yesterday I shot them each cold on an aggressive "qual" on reduced targets from 2-25 yards combining speed and precision, which I last scored 22 out of 30 with a 19X. I shot a 24 with each.

I'm falling hard for these guns.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

How is the recoil on the 43x, compared to a P30sk/VP9sk?

Granted, both of the above are double stacks, so maybe not a fair comparison.

I find the recoil on my wife’s P30sk to be perfectly acceptable, and not hard to control at all, considering it’s a sub compact; it’s a great shooting gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    How is the recoil on the 43x, compared to a P30sk/VP9sk?

Granted, both of the above are double stacks, so maybe not a fair comparison.

I find the recoil on my wife’s P30sk to be perfectly acceptable, and not hard to control at all, considering it’s a sub compact; it’s a great shooting gun!
    Different class pistol, as the VP9SK is wider and weighs more — the 43X recoils more.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Can someone tell me proper ameriglo Bold front and rear sight heights for a G48? My buddy bought a 48 with plastic sights. Wants the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Can someone tell me proper ameriglo Bold front and rear sight heights for a G48? My buddy bought a 48 with plastic sights. Wants the upgrade.
    Mine is drive the dot with .200" front with 147gr HST and really close, (I'd venture to say 1-1.5") with 124gr reloads going about 1100-1075 fps. It looks like it might regulate at the tip of the front sight with a .190" @ 25 yards. Guns seem to vary though. I have a two Gen 5 MOS guns that regulated with different height fronts, (same sight radius as 48's). One regulated drive the dot with above ammo using a .200" front the other needed .180" front. I can't remember but I believe it was TC215 who found the part number for the .190" front I need to call and order some but haven't had the time. I am also considering the standard fronts because the orange dot is freaking loud.

.200" tall is part number GL-212-200-OR-C
    .190" tall is part number GL-212-190-OR-C
    .180" tall is part number GL-212-180-OR-C

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    My 43X came with a .200” tall front. Here’s my POI at 10 y. Name:  5F9DEA54-1D25-4073-95CF-777728A228FE.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  36.4 KB
    I’ve been around the block enough times that I knew deep-down that it wasn’t the sights or the load - that it was me. And I confirmed that today. When I unf*ck my fundamentals, the gun shoots dead nuts POA/POI with a drive-the-dot sight picture. But I’m pulling shots low so consistently that I can pretty effortlessly shoot a 2-inch group at 10 yds, at a decent pace, but it will be ~1.5” low. So I’ve got some serious work to do.

TL;DR - the 43X is GTG, but I suck.

First shot, if I do my job, no problem. Subsequent shots fall down the stairs. Not sure if that is the pistol slipping in my grip or what. I'm still coming to grips (har har) with how to best wrap this thing in my mitts, how much finger to put on the trigger, etc.

This was a five shot group at 7 yds, slow. 1st shot X, next four shots group low. (Pic isn't upside down - I have a habit of stapling the targets upside down.)

Name:  CC6AA021-F01C-4B53-B63F-903D03EE0EFE.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  29.3 KB

This is a 5 shot group SHO at 7 yds, slow. The group pushes to the right (I'm a lefty) - no big shock. But they're also not pulling low as much. These results are annoyingly repeatable.

Maybe I should only shoot steel.

Name:  85644561-729D-42CB-A00C-10FDF4A77C25.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  25.9 KB
    Last edited by ratter75; 04-18-2019 at 02:08 PM.

User Tag List