Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Range reports

Name:  IMG_20190527_170924.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  36.9 KB

Twenty 147-HSTs out of both G43x and G48 at 15 yards. 43x has factory Ameriglos and 48 has Ameriglo Hacks.

Round count per pistol: 50 147-HSTs, 150 Win 9NATO, and 50 Fed AL-cased 9mm.

Observations:
    * The G43x was more consistent for me, but shoots lower. May need a different front sight. G48 did not group as well at any range.
    * BTF was non-existent and low power AL cases were thrown with authority. I did experience brass to neck due to the force of the cases hitting the range partition.
    * A smooth trigger shoe is required. Terrible blister and painful at the end of 500 rounds all due to that damned serrated trigger.
    * 43x has the worst Gen5 trigger I've tried, but it's not terrible. The G48's trigger is pretty good, but once again those damned serrations.
    * Recoil isn't terrible, but much prefer shooting double stack Glocks for 100+ rounds. Also, a single 1913 rail slot would be "perfection".
    * 43x is literally one of my favorite pistols from an ergonomic standpoint, but the G48 just doesn't do anything for me.
    Last edited by Wonder9; 06-04-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    * BTF was non-existent and low power AL cases were thrown with authority.

* 43x is literally one of my favorite pistols from an ergonomic standpoint, but the G48 just doesn't do anything for me.

43X brass lands in like a 2' circle, and I measured it as 18 FEET to my right at 3:15. Not 3:00. Not 3:30.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Apologize for the bump, but what/where should I be looking for to acquire sights for my 48? I'd like a BOLD type setup but with a .125 wide front sight.

From what I understand the way to go is the .190 front sight height to get the tip of the blade at 25 yard sight picture.

Thanks!
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Apologize for the bump, but what/where should I be looking for to acquire sights for my 48? I'd like a BOLD type setup but with a .125 wide front sight.

From what I understand the way to go is the .190 front sight height to get the tip of the blade at 25 yard sight picture.

Thanks!
    The Bownells exclusives Agent Sights are .190” and .125” for the 43x versions.

Name:  ACB58544-BA7C-4619-8515-B9155AE5736B.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  29.6 KB

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod113320.aspx

Is an OEM-style smooth trigger shoe available for the 43X/48 yet? I'm realizing I like shooting my 48 a LOT as is and that's probably the only major improvement I'd make to it aside from stippling/grip tape.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Is an OEM-style smooth trigger shoe available for the 43X/48 yet? I'm realizing I like shooting my 48 a LOT as is and that's probably the only major improvement I'd make to it aside from stippling/grip tape.
    Easy enough to swap out the trigger shoe with one off a 17/19 trigger bar - five minute’s work.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Easy enough to swap out the trigger shoe with one off a 17/19 trigger bar - five minute’s work.
    Or spend a few minutes on the original shoe with a sharp knife.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Or spend a few minutes on the original shoe with a sharp knife.
    I’ve never gotten one acceptable that way - the grooves are deeper than the smooth flat surface.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure why they would have a grooved trigger shoe for ANY gun that is USA made. You don't need to play the "import points" game on those guns.

Somewhere I read an all-black version of the 43X is soon to be released. Is that truth or misinformation?
    Last edited by Speederlander; 06-21-2019 at 04:55 PM.

User Tag List