Thread: Anyone shoot or own an m&p 2.0 compact 4" in .40?

Anyone shoot or own an m&p 2.0 compact 4" in .40?

I'm seeing them pop up for $300 or less. I don't need one, just find it very tempting at that price.

Perhaps a 9 to 40 conversion barrel could be done I'm not sure on 2.0.

Thanks

I bought a used fullsize 2.0 .40 because it was in great shape for $240. Shoots nicer than my Glock 22. I did a real quick search and it looks like a 9mm is right at $150 more than a .40. A 9mm conversion barrel would probably run $150 so you can shoot both calibers for close to the same initial cost. But the .40 gun is going to be optimized for .40 so you may have issues just running a conversion barrel as the extractor and ejector are probably different.

What I did was I picked up the .40 versions of 9mm guns I already had because they were good deals and just in case 9mm ever became hard to find again.

The M&P is a good choice in general and for the .40 cartridge if that's really what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have a MP40 compact. Couple thousand rounds thru it. Less felt recoil than the G22. Trigger has a bit of take up but breaks clean. Reset is good. I no longer had a 40 in my inventory so I grab this weapon to replace the Browning Hi Power I let go, like a dumb ass.

I think the MP weapon is a good fit for the 40. Accurate, reliable and easy to carry. Mostly rides in my "bad day" bag in my work vehicle.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I'm seeing them pop up for $300 or less. I don't need one, just find it very tempting at that price.

Perhaps a 9 to 40 conversion barrel could be done I'm not sure on 2.0.

Thanks
    Do tell.

Thanks,
    Keith

ETA: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...o-thumb-safety
    Last edited by Keith E.; 01-28-2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Found Link

I agree m&p in 40 cal is a better option than glock. The m&p was designed around the 40 cal. They didn't suffer from accuracy issues like the 9mm versions either. I had first gen with apex trigger in a full size and it handled 40 much better than my glock 23. I wouldn't get one if I was planning on converting it to 9mm though end up costing more than just buying a 9mm. Grabagun has them for like $360 ish still in 9mm.

What is everyone's opinion on the durability/reliability of the m&p 2.0 ? I find it hard to believe you have to rebuild most of the gun at the 5,000 round mark.

User Tag List