Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis cop charged for shooting fellow officer in Russian Roulette style "game"

More ammo for those who want LE to have to check in their firearms at the end of their shifts.

Site Supporter
    I used to present the binomial expansion (p+q)**n with p =1/6 and q = 5/6 and ask students to calculate the odds of getting through n trials without being shot at least once.

I am with the folks who think there is more to this story.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-27-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    More ammo for those who want LE to have to check in their firearms at the end of their shifts.
    But 2/3 of the cops at the scene were supposed to be on patrol at the time. Stupidity doesn’t begin or end at shift change.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Like you, I'm having more than a little trouble buying into the 'Russian roulette' story on any level. This flimsy web of deceit will be torn asunder, imho.
    I'm not. The level of stupid I'm seeing in today's hires, coupled with a ludicrous level of lowered standards and an emphasis on "diversity" as opposed to qualified and motivated applicants gives us this result. I have ZERO sympathy for those involved. I read somewhere the two involved had been disciplined/counseled for playing with guns before. This appears to be a conscious decision to engage in an activity with a predictable negative outcome. I feel for the families as they, through no choice of their own, have to deal with the trauma and heartbreak these idiots caused. As for them, meh, architects of their own demise.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 01-27-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I read somewhere the two involved had been disciplined/counseled for playing with guns before.
    The original article said that they had been previously reprimanded for playing with their firearms but it appears to have been edited to say that the third cop reprimanded them for playing with their guns prior to the shooting

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'm not. The level of stupid I'm seeing in today's hires, coupled with a ludicrous level of lowered standards and an emphasis on "diversity" as opposed to qualified and motivated applicants gives us this result. I have ZERO sympathy for those involved. I read somewhere the two involved had been disciplined/counseled for playing with guns before. This appears to be a conscious decision to engage in an activity with a predictable negative outcome. I feel for the families as they, through no choice of their own, have to deal with the trauma and heartbreak these idiots caused. As for them, meh, architects of their own demise.
    I’m pretty close to this.

People who have such little respect for their own lives (and common sense) are not to be trusted with the lives of others. I’m left wondering if more lives were saved by this pair eliminating their collective threat to society. Perhaps Tom should merge this thread with the Darwin thread that was recently started?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

And the details are coming together....

https://www.kmov.com/news/court-docu...source=dlvr.it
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Wonder who punched him. Quite the black eye.

Ten years is not enough punishment for having murdered someone - even if the murder was in the context of a consensual game of 'Russian roulette'.
    Last edited by Wendell; 02-14-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Figured:
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So...WTF. Married female officer, off-duty, is at male officer's house at 1am. Story doesn't mention if he's married or not...There's got to be a lot more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Ten years is not enough punishment for having murdered someone - even if the murder was in the context of a consensual game of 'Russian roulette'.
    Not Murder, as has already been discussed.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List