Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PCC vs CO vs Open pistol (times)

Sounds like the same BS the limited and open guys at your clubs were/are doing to the low cap divisions. How do you like it? :P

Regardless, doesn't sound like they're legal USPSA stages anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One more thing. On the stage I referenced above, I was second in our squad, and needed to fire 82 rounds. It was 40 rounds before the spinners.
    One stage with 82 rounds?!?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Sounds like the same BS the limited and open guys at your clubs were/are doing to the low cap divisions. How do you like it? :P

Regardless, doesn't sound like they're legal USPSA stages anyway.
    I can’t remember the last time we had a revolver or Production shooter, and since there is at most one single stack guy, he loves it since he always gets the “win.”

As I have learned, spinners are apparently not legal even at a level one match, unless two spinners cancel each other out like a double negative, and make it OK. I was going to spin those spinners on principle, even if I had to go to the truck and get more ammo. As it turned out, I was second in our squad on that stage, and I could care less what they design as it effects me, because I like hard technical shooting. However it was a major negative for a number of our pistol shooters, many who have limited time and budget for shooting, and in my opinion, a selfish, low class move by the stage designer.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    One stage with 82 rounds?!?
    Obviously I just need to practice more, as most of the PCC guys were able to do the stage with their 57+1 capacity.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I can’t remember the last time we had a revolver or Production shooter, and since there is at most one single stack guy, he loves it since he always gets the “win.”

Obviously I just need to practice more, as most of the PCC guys were able to do the stage with their 57+1 capacity.
    I’m picturing the single stack guys at our matches pooling mags and pulling them around in one of the gear wagons to make it through that stage.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I’m picturing the single stack guys at our matches pooling mags and pulling them around in one of the gear wagons to make it through that stage.
    We had a single stack guy that ran dry as he spun the last spinner — think he had eight spare mags.

As I have learned, spinners are apparently not legal even at a level one match, unless two spinners cancel each other out like a double negative, and make it OK. I was going to spin those spinners on principle, even if I had to go to the truck and get more ammo. As it turned out, I was second in our squad on that stage, and I could care less what they design as it effects me, because I like hard technical shooting. However it was a major negative for a number of our pistol shooters, many who have limited time and budget for shooting, and in my opinion, a selfish, low class move by the stage designer.

We play by the actual rules round these parts. Legal props, max round counts, etc. Level I match or not. It seems silly to alienate the low capacity divisions, especially when they represent a great majority of new shooters. In the same way that you find the PCC biased stages unsavory for many of the shooters in your club. The parallels seem kinda obvious.

We play by the actual rules round these parts. Legal props, max round counts, etc. Level I match or not. It seems silly to alienate the low capacity divisions, especially when they represent a great majority of new shooters. In the same way that you find the PCC biased stages unsavory for many of the shooters in your club. The parallels seem kinda obvious.
    I am not following your point, perhaps you can elaborate.

There's always been the "problem" of the stage/match designer catering the stage/match to his particular forte whether that's precision, speed, athleticism, high capacity whatever.
    It's up to the Match Director to put them in check.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I am not following your point, perhaps you can elaborate.
    Sorry for the drive by post. I was working and got tied up.

I was responding to this mostly:

However it was a major negative for a number of our pistol shooters, many who have limited time and budget for shooting, and in my opinion, a selfish, low class move by the stage designer.

My point was that if you’re averse to the PCC biased stages your match director put together, you might also have a bit of empathy for the folks shooting the low capacity divisions at your high cap biased local matches. That’s all.

My point was that if you’re averse to the PCC biased stages your match director put together, you might also have a bit of empathy for the folks shooting the low capacity divisions at your high cap biased local matches. That’s all.

None of that is an issue if the rules are followed. Yeah that's not as exciting as a stage that requires cooling your gun in water before re-holstering but if a match director wants to put on sanctioned matches they should follow the rules.

I wonder what the single stack and production guys thought when they see a stage that (literally) has them doing tac reloads to conserve ammo?

It's one thing if you come to an outlaw match knowing there are going to be wonky stages. Sucks to go to a USPSA match that isn't a USPSA match.
    Last edited by Lomshek; 02-20-2019 at 12:52 AM.

User Tag List