Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Store Score! Springfield GSP built by Yost!

I sent a couple pictures to Mr. Yost. He says he normally doesn't do restorative work but will take a look at the gun if I send it to him.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-31-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Most wonderful find!

To my eyes, the finish is “honest wear,” and, therefore, best left as-is. I would, of course, replace the thumb safety; that is a specialized item, for folks whose thumbs require it.

Site Supporter
    Slight thread hijack but I hate to start a new thread just to ask this. Does anyone know how the current Gunsite 1911’s are?

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Slight thread hijack but I hate to start a new thread just to ask this. Does anyone know how the current Gunsite 1911’s are?
    The Colts? They certainly look nice. Clean and simple. Maybe a little high in price based on the features but there is a bit of lore and history associated with the Raven.

But I've not shot one and can't comment on reliability etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Colts? They certainly look nice. Clean and simple. Maybe a little high in price based on the features but there is a bit of lore and history associated with the Raven.

But I've not shot one and can't comment on reliability etc.

https://www.gunsitestore.com/product...-gunsite-1911/

Yep, I read on another forum that they are actually assembled by Colt's Custom Shop, not the guys that do the Special Combat and M45 but better than the run of the mill Colt.

We have lots of discussions about a basic 1911 for carry and this seems like a possible candidate.
    Last edited by sharps54; 02-01-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: To finish thought

Site Supporter
    A Colt Gunsite Pistol should be good to go if you can find one in a configuration to your liking. Some of them ship with front cocking serrations, some without. Some ship with thin stocks, some with regular thickness stocks. Probably just different batches. I think they all ship with a short trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    A Colt Gunsite Pistol should be good to go if you can find one in a configuration to your liking. Some of them ship with front cocking serrations, some without. Some ship with thin stocks, some with regular thickness stocks. Probably just different batches. I think they all ship with a short trigger.
    I may give them a call and see if it is possible to request no FCS. Not a deal breaker but I’d never use them and for $1300 I might as well get the look I like.

Of course I’m waffling between this and a STI Staccato-C but that’s the topic for a different thread.

I may give them a call and see if it is possible to request no FCS. Not a deal breaker but I’d never use them and for $1300 I might as well get the look I like.

Of course I’m waffling between this and a STI Staccato-C but that’s the topic for a different thread.
    Quite a different choice there.

I haven't seen one in awhile and maybe I'm confusing models but I think Colt did a run of CCO 1911s with the Gunsite logo. If the STI size appeals more to you than a full-size government maybe a gently used CCO can be found.

Site Supporter

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Quite a different choice there.

I haven't seen one in awhile and maybe I'm confusing models but I think Colt did a run of CCO 1911s with the Gunsite logo. If the STI size appeals more to you than a full-size government maybe a gently used CCO can be found.

They are definitely different ends of the spectrum, old school .45 Government Model or new age 9mm EDC. I’m not sure why I want to believe a Staccato would be more reliable than an aluminum frame gun the same size, heck I can buy two 9mm Ruger Lightweight Officer Models for the price of the STI. For that matter I could get get a pair of Ruger SR1911s (or almost a pair of basic Colt 1911s) for the price of the Gunsite.

Any thoughts on if the single stack 2011 has any advantages over a traditional CCO?

I’ve owned lightly customized 1911’s before and truth is I could carry a full size frame about half the year or an Officer size frame all year round. Same with Glocks, I can pull the 26 off with a T-shirt, a 19 off with an untucked button up and a 17 needs a hoodie.

While I won’t be selling my Glocks I really have the urge to get back in the 1911 game, question is do I tip my toe in the water with mainly a range and occasional carry gun (Gunsite) or go all in for carry (Staccato-C or other Officer framed models) because I’d need multiple if it is my go to platform.

I think I’ve talked myself into a Gunsite supplemented by my Glocks for carry. I used to be indecisive but now I’m just not sure 🤔
    Last edited by sharps54; 02-02-2019 at 08:34 PM.

I think I’ve talked myself into a Gunsite supplemented by my Glocks for carry. I used to be indecisive but now I’m just not sure [emoji848]
    I guess if I wanted only one 1911 it would likely be some form of government model. Rather large for concealed carry by certain standards but also flat so hiding one isn't too terrible with the right clothing. The Gunsite Colt fits the bill, I think, for the one 1911 scenario. Upgraded enough to be quite useful out of the box (as long as it runs) with enough resale value so you'd not get stung too badly if you sold it.

User Tag List