Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about the Olight Mini

Talk to me about the Olight Mini

I’ve been trying to find a smaller profile light for my P07. Haven’t been happy with the reviews I’ve read of the Surefire XC series and I asked for a TRL-7 for Christmas and was not impressed with it. Which led me to look for other options in that size range (something that doesn’t extend pst the muzzle). And I found the Olight Mini Valkyrie, which gets good reviews from some sources. But I trust the PF community more than any other online community so I thought I’d come here and see what people have to say. There was not a whole lot in the search that I tried. I know holsters are gonna be an issue but I think I’ve found a couple that look decent.

So, anyone have one that has seen some long term use?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The Surefire XR1 looks pretty cool.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

<snip>

So, anyone have one that has seen some long term use?
    I bought mine on Black Friday so I can't speak to its long term durability.

However, I was an idiot and left it in pants I wore to the range and ran it through the washing machine after owning it for only a week.

I let it dry for a day before turning it on. It still works, so it has that going for it.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 01-25-2019 at 08:28 PM.

No data point to contribute but.....

As much as I detest supporting any Chi-Com company, I might consider this light for an in-house, nightstand gun. Beyond that, it's a non-starter for me due to the built-in battery. For anything I would carry in the field, I'd want the ability to easily swap batteries/Li-ion cells for extended use. I suspect the 960mAh cell that's built into this light would be good for perhaps 30 to 45 minutes of runtime, after which you'd have to find a USB port somewhere to recharge. And of course if the internal cell and/or associated safety/recharging circuitry dies, the entire light is toast. In this regard alone, the XC-1B or XC-2 would be my choice.

On another note, I'd also want a holster that fully retains the pistol regardless if the light is mounted or not.

Have one for home piece;have a handheld light beside it for prudence. So, not a lot of experience carrying; couple of hundred rounds to “test” it shooting(will it stay lit, stay on, etc.). No problem with that little shooting. Nice bright white light, but the pot metal clamp doesn’t generate confidence. I learned w/rechargeable handhelds not to rely on them-they just go off when drained.
    So, for edc, currently a Streamlight TLR8 and a Surefire Tactician. For economy, Nightstick has a new single cell that copies SL.
    YMMV.

The mini 2 is out now. It will be $63 shipped on the 28th. Shook's Customs has holsters for the mini1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 01-26-2019 at 09:56 AM.

I’ve had my Olight Mini for about 8 months. I don’t carry it I just put it on whatever gun I’m using for HD and very often it’s a P07.

Fits perfectly on the P07. It’s plenty bright easy to operate easy to charge.
    I usually put it on the charger every couple weeks even though it doesn’t need to be charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the feedback. My biggest concern so far is holster support. Or lack thereof. Ive been spoiled by my JKCK stuff. I may end up buying one and doing an in-depth testing/eval.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. My biggest concern so far is holster support. Or lack thereof. Ive been spoiled by my JKCK stuff. I may end up buying one and doing an in-depth testing/eval.
    Lon, just a heads up, we are about to add the O-Light mini for the P-07, P-10C, Glock 19, and P-01 as well!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Lon, just a heads up, we are about to add the O-Light mini for the P-07, P-10C, Glock 19, and P-01 as well!
    Well, hell. You just made this decision a lot easier. Thanks Tony.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List