Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post a Pic...

Site Supporter
    This is my fun gun. Also happens to be my carry gun because now I live in C(r)ook county IL and don't want to test the theory that the CCW law overrides home rule against high cap mags.

I wasn't too crazy about it at first because the beavertail isn't my preference, the sights were meh, the safety was tiny and hard to hit and the barrel feet were overcut to the point where the gun couldn't group any better than a gen 3 glock.

Problems solved by an Ed Brown thumb safety, an Ed Brown match grade barrel that is well fit, and the U-notch rear sight by 10-8 is set up to a POA/POI hold. The Beavertail isn't so bad with practice.

At 20 yards I can hold the black in a B3 target. Probably better if my fundamentals were better but it wouldn't hold anything near that accuracy with the stock parts.

I would've preferred that Colt properly fit the barrel so I didn't have to mod it to improve accuracy but I guess that's the nature of Colt's QC today. It's got good bones.

It's an unassuming looking retro-ish 9mm Commander. Like a Ford Taurus with a turbocharged V8

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What's a "fun" gun?

I'm actually sitting here thinking about this and have just realized...I don't own a fun gun. Like just a centerfire handgun you shoot for funsies? I...no seriously guys...I don't have one. I have a bunch of guns I like and that are fun to shoot, but none just for fun.

We'll just put the STI here, because it is a lot of fun to shoot. But it's also a serious gun for serious (defensive) business.

Attachment 34577
    Sounds to me, like you need one of these .

Name:  300px-FN5701.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  18.7 KB

Serbu + case of birdshot + case of clays + hand thrower = tremendous amount of fun with very few clays actually busted in the air

Attachment 34581
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    Sounds to me, like you need one of these .

Name:  300px-FN5701.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  18.7 KB
    Way wrong direction for me.

Chances are good my "just for fun" gun will likely be C&R Eligible.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Had to find a picture of this one:

It’s a 95 year-old .38 M&P. It puts a smile on my face.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Attachment 34577[/QUOTE]

"That's a Knauife"

(Pronounce it like Crocodile Dundee)
    I like!
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

1872 Colt Open Tops (rep.) in .45 Schofield, shot with black powder.
    Makes me giggle like a kid.
    Hell, everything I shoot with black powder makes me giggle.

Attachment 34646
    Last edited by baddean; 01-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Second gen Colt SAA in .44 Special, one with pre-ban ivory grips.
    Shot with the holy black, of course.
    Big fun!

Attachment 34647
    Last edited by baddean; 01-27-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Dean,

I was at the LGS buying my G48 when I saw this...

Name:  71E92B89-46C8-4D35-9CC3-F8F34A86F269.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  40.4 KB

This will become my fun gun. Though I’m thinking of maybe getting the 2.75 barrel.
    Last edited by Port; 01-27-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Name:  A227A000-C216-443A-A66B-4DADD79FE7A6.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  33.0 KB in 9mm it’s an absolute joy to shoot! Along with the size it’s a great carry gun as well.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

User Tag List