Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Instructor/Class for Technical Improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been in touch with Ken Nelson, and he is concerned and wants to make it right. Sent you a PM, so get me your info and I will get you in touch with Ken.
    Yes, indeed, Ken via GJM has offered to make it right.

My goal with my posts about TPC wasn’t to make a negative review, but to report on my experience with a prior class to inform my choice of a future class. As such, I tried to edit my prior posts after GJM’s work, but it seems that’s not an option. I appreciate GJM reaching out to Ken, and I appreciate Ken’s offer.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

My goal with my posts about TPC wasn’t to make a negative review, but to report on my experience with a prior class to inform my choice of a future class. As such, I tried to edit my prior posts after GJM’s work, but it seems that’s not an option. I appreciate GJM reaching out to Ken, and I appreciate Ken’s offer.
    All well received by Ken and TPC. Not every student is going to have a great experience at every class, but I appreciate Ken wanting to make it right. From speaking with him over the last year, I know TPC’s goal is to build a relationship with each student, and keep that relationship as they progress in skill development. TPC has reorganized Handgun Mastery to have different levels, so there is a natural progression.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

I don't speak for everyone, but I seen no reason to edit your post. It didn't read as if you were vindictive or had an axe to grind. (In fact, I'd think less of someone that took down his review based on pressure or a company promising to 'make it right.')

Good on TPC to want to make up for your poor experience. However, that doesn't erase the fact that you spent money and time to take a class that didn't meet your expectations. Maybe others that took that same class were happy or maybe they weren't, but one would assume that without GJM intervening, TPC isn't reaching out to each of them to offer refunds or make up classes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I don't speak for everyone, but I seen no reason to edit your post. It didn't read as if you were vindictive or had an axe to grind. (In fact, I'd think less of someone that took down his review based on pressure or a company promising to 'make it right.')

Good on TPC to want to make up for your poor experience. However, that doesn't erase the fact that you spent money and time to take a class that didn't meet your expectations. Maybe others that took that same class were happy or maybe they weren't, but one would assume that without GJM intervening, TPC isn't reaching out to each of them to offer refunds or make up classes.
    It’s a fair point, and to be clear, no one even suggested changing my comments.

My impulse to edit my posts was that, on reflection, I thought my experience may have been an outlier, and it would be unfair for an outlier experience to be posted in perpetuity.
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 01-28-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'm hosting Paul Sharp and William Aprill on 27 & 28 April for their Pistol Intensive Weekend. It will cover a lot of what you are looking for.
    More info:https://www.facebook.com/events/343692576400362/

And I just posted it in the training section.

User Tag List