Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX: Bad News for 2019 Legislative Session

Site Supporter

TX: Bad News for 2019 Legislative Session

Speaker Bonnen's Betrayal of Texas Gun-Owners

Emphasis mine.
    For the first time in decades, a Speaker has appointed anti-gun Democrats to chair the two most important House Committees for Texas gun owners. Speaker Bonnen appointed D-rated, anti-gun Democrat Poncho Nevarez as Chair of the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee and F-rated, anti-gun Democrat Nicole Collier to Chair the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee.

<snip>

There must be a huge groundswell against Speaker Bonnen’s betrayal of gun owners. Call your gun-owning friends and ask them to get involved also. Post this notice on your Facebook page and other social media platforms that you use. The only way to prevent this from happening again is to make the political price of betrayal so high that no elected official can afford it.

I have been a Second Amendment activist for thirty-nine years. Through good times and bad, politically and legislatively speaking, I’ve never seen this level of betrayal.
    Looks like we'll be playing 100% on Defense this year.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 01-23-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I am aquatinted with one of the new elected members to the Texas Legislature. He will be getting an email from me.

Why don't wait until something actually happens until we crucify our friends?

This kind of triggered crap is how you end up with no friends in the legislature. Maybe this guy actually knows what he's doing and is playing politics, maybe he needs to be gone. Lets see what happens first.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Purple-fication of Texas continues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Why don't wait until something actually happens until we crucify our friends?

This kind of triggered crap is how you end up with no friends in the legislature. Maybe this guy actually knows what he's doing and is playing politics, maybe he needs to be gone. Lets see what happens first.
    The author of the article is not given to triggering, hyperbole, rushing to judgements or burning bridges. He has nearly 4 decades of successful 2A advocacy. He's a seasoned insider.

Nevarez is among the bevy of Ds that like to file abominable anti-gun and anti-self-defense bills every session.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I agree wit txdpd. Let's put our brains in gear first.

Site Supporter
    Bonnen Announces Committee Assignments for Texas House

The Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety has now been given to Democrat State Rep. Poncho Nevarez (Eagle Pass). While pro-gun legislation had traditionally been sent to this committee, it may be a sign that bills such as constitutional carry could be sent to the Committee on State Affairs instead.
    Time will tell....

Site Supporter
    If they are sending constitutional carry proposals to this bunch, the reason is that they wish this effort to fail. This method puts the heat on others. This is a trade off. My home state of Mississippi has had c. carry for a while, and the sky has not fallen. I don't see Texas going this route and would prefer that we fight over something else in the legislature.

Site Supporter
    ^^^ I'd like to see the elimination of all prohibited places prioritized ahead of permit less carry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ^^^ I'd like to see the elimination of all prohibited places prioritized ahead of permit less carry.
    This ^^^^

While I find the idea of constitutional carry philosophically appealing, we would have had it years ago if not for the open carry idiots pissing off the legislature. Most of these people wanted only wanted open constitutional carry because they have minor criminal records which preclude them from obtaining LTCs and the idea of rewarding them is irksome.

If we do constitutional carry it should be concealed handguns only.

User Tag List