Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester Ranger One

Thanks Molon!!

Chris

"Most manufacturers will sell ammo to the public that’s been rejected by the original government customer. What else are they supposed to do with it?"

For starters they could shove it up their ass... Billion dollar corporations have the means and capital to fix their mistakes and selling it to an unsuspecting market is BS I dont give a phuck how you slice it...

So if the dynamite factory has QC issues your logic still applys? What about a childs toy that has a serious choking hazzard because of QC issues? Are you going to be the one that tells the grieving mother of a child that died because of these defects "well thats just to bad Mrs. Jones about your child but you should have known better." Great logic you have there. Ammo and firearms are already innherantly dangerous and bad ammo is unnacceptable and needs to be fixed on the manufacturers end. The fact that it was rejected by a downstream buyers stipulations which was probably an LEO contract should be enough to keep that ammo in house and figure out what to do with it. The complaints go way beyond no primer sealant, go onto one of the many ammo sites and read the comments about it, its appaling...

When the ammo is rejected bcuz of QC issues its still in house at their plant and at which time they have the CHOICE to mark the cases with "This ammo was rejected by LEO and govt. contracts because of quality control issues" but guess what? they CHOOSE not to simply because no one would buy it and that IS omission which is lying. They have the CHOICE to do the right thing and they didnt so again, phuck winchester...
    Last edited by Stone; 02-19-2024 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "Most manufacturers will sell ammo to the public that’s been rejected by the original government customer. What else are they supposed to do with it?"

For starters they could shove it up their ass...
    Nice rant, but this thread is a year old. That ammo is long gone.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

For starters they could shove it up their ass... Billion dollar corporations have the means and capital to fix their mistakes and selling it to an unsuspecting market is BS I dont give a phuck how you slice it...

So if the dynamite factory has QC issues your logic still applys? What about a childs toy that has a serious choking hazzard because of QC issues? Are you going to be the one that tells the grieving mother of a child that died because of these defects "well thats just to bad Mrs. Jones about your child but you should have known better." Great logic you have there. Ammo and firearms are already innherantly dangerous and bad ammo is unnacceptable and needs to be fixed on the manufacturers end. The fact that it was rejected by a downstream buyers stipulations which was probably an LEO contract should be enough to keep that ammo in house and figure out what to do with it. The complaints go way beyond no primer sealant, go onto one of the many ammo sites and read the comments about it, its appaling...

When the ammo is rejected bcuz of QC issues its still in house at their plant and at which time they have the CHOICE to mark the cases with "This ammo was rejected by LEO and govt. contracts because of quality control issues" but guess what? they CHOOSE not to simply because no one would buy it and that IS omission which is lying. They have the CHOICE to do the right thing and they didnt so again, phuck winchester...
    Since you’re quoting my post, I’ll continue the discussion. Pretty much everything I would say in response to this is already posted in my original response to you, you just chose not to quote the entirety of my response. Reject ammo is still perfectly functional for 90% of what people use ammunition for: plinking, practice, and competition. You can even use it for verifying zero if it’s the same type of ammo as your carry ammo. Just don’t carry it because it might not function properly for that remaining 10% of what people do with ammo: rely on it as life saving equipment. Not everything people do with ammunition requires that it have acceptable terminal performance. If you’re in the market for defensive ammo, don’t buy rejects. Your analogies of dynamite and children’s toys are silly here and not at all in the same realm of what we’re discussing so I’m not going to address them in depth.

Again, Winchester isn’t hiding the fact that this is rejected ammunition. You aren’t buying it from Winchester though, you’re buying it from distributors who buy it from Winchester. As a customer, you can mitigate these kinds of risks by purchasing from reliable businesses that won’t hide the fact that they’re selling rejects. SGAmmo, as already mentioned, is one reputable business.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List