Thread: Interesting blog from Ayoob on "Unconscious Competence"

Interesting blog from Ayoob on "Unconscious Competence"

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...ooting-lesson/

Many here promote the "Pick one gun and stick with it" school of thought. While I don't think Ayoob's post directly contradicts that, he does bring up an interesting point that I'd not previously considered: complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by Massad Ayoob
    With Brand A, the old familiar extension of the hand, I found myself going auto pilot and taking overconfident liberties. There were stages where I KNOW I relaxed my grip, where I pointed rather than aimed, where I rushed instead of pressed the trigger.

Interesting for sure

It reminds me of a guy I knew that would get in trouble and by losing money on the pool table. He would then start to play one handed and clean up. Everyone he played called him a hustler, he would just state "No hustle here I just pay attention when In use one hand"
    Cracker

Enos and Leatham have talked about an effect they call 'trick of the week'. They found that any time they changed something about their gear or technique, they shot better for about a week. Doing something different caused them to pay more attention.

User Tag List