Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2019

Decent show for interesting guns to me.

Glock 48
    FN mid size
    Arex mid size
    Mid size P320 X
    Archon Type B shipping

Just to name a few handguns since that is my main interest and what most people carry most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Did they duracote an XD?

As far as I am concerned, after Glock’s early announcements, if the Acro was already shipping, they could have just cancelled this year’s SHOT.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Aren't rifled slug guns allowed substitutes in most of those places? If so, I can't figure out what would be wrong with a Savage 220 or a 20-ga 870 with a rifled barrel and sabot loads that would necessitate this.
    I do love my 220 for IL deer hunting. Other than ammo cost, it doesn't get much better in this state.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As far as I am concerned, after Glock’s early announcements, if the Acro was already shipping, they could have just cancelled this year’s SHOT.
    That’s the real question - what’s up with the Aimpoint ACRO?
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Stealth rifle of the year:

Brownells BR-180.

It’s an updated Aramalite 180 upper with an MLOK free float handguard which works on standard AR Lowers.

https://www.brownells.com/guntech/br...ampaign=Itwine

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I saw a Wilson .308 Protector series mentioned as a new model. Is this "your" configuration?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/

may have to scroll.

Attachment 34528
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Stealth rifle of the year:

Brownells BR-180.

It’s an updated Aramalite 180 upper with an MLOK free float handguard which works on standard AR Lowers.

https://www.brownells.com/guntech/br...ampaign=Itwine
    After reading up on the issues 10/22 people have had with the Brownells receivers, I'm reluctant to rely on them to get stuff like that right consistently. I see a lot of evidence that they're great at selling other companies' products, but maybe not so experienced at managing the manufacture of their own.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I saw a Wilson .308 Protector series mentioned as a new model. Is this "your" configuration?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/

may have to scroll.

Attachment 34528
    Looks similar, but not sure as Bill just built mine to his specs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Magpul announced a line of accessories for the MP5. I have a MP5 clone. So...s'alright. I think I might be most interested in the safety, as I find my SEF safety is far from optimal. Surprised they didn't make a stock considering the bewildering array of AR stocks they produce. I suspect that will follow - in my mind I'm picturing the love child of the Zhukov and a B&T side folder. The internet is enraged that there is no MP5 PMAG, but the MP5 magwell doesn't strike me as a solid candidate for a polymer magazine (the ETS offering notwithstanding). Good marketing video though.

Magpul says their new MP5 lower doesn't work with front push pin guns. Which was disappointing to me at first since I've got a Zenith MKE. However, a little thinking and stripping of my gun changes everything. The Zenith has a shelf, which retains the lower at the front. The front push pin is essentially cosmetic. So all you need to use the Magpul lower is remove the push pin. I let Magpul know so we might see some changes to their website description.

User Tag List