Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2019

Site Supporter

Shot Show 2019

Any interesting updates from Shot Show 2019?

The only thing I have found that really interested me is the Kimber K6 with an exposed hammer.

For me, other than the new Glocks, which we've beat to death, and the King Cobra, 3" .357 LCR, and K6, which we've covered elsewhere, it's pretty much a "meh" year.

My eyes glaze over at all the AR15 variations and various things with arm braces.

The new .350 cartridge from Winchester makes perfect sense to folks that are limited to straight wall cases for deer hunting, and zero sense for anybody else.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    You guys will hear about Zero Compromise Optic, we are pleased to carry them...

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The new .350 cartridge from Winchester makes perfect sense to folks that are limited to straight wall cases for deer hunting, and zero sense for anybody else.
    So a rimless .357 Maximum, headspacing on the case mouth and lengthened about 0.11 inches.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So a rimless .357 Maximum, headspacing on the case mouth and lengthened about 0.11 inches.
    That's pretty much my takeaway. It's not a BAD idea. With good shot placement it should anchor deer at the ranges where real people actually hunt. If I already owned a perfectly capable deer rifle I wouldn't buy it unless I found myself in a weapons restriction hunting unit.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Magpul announced a line of accessories for the MP5. I have a MP5 clone. So...s'alright. I think I might be most interested in the safety, as I find my SEF safety is far from optimal. Surprised they didn't make a stock considering the bewildering array of AR stocks they produce. I suspect that will follow - in my mind I'm picturing the love child of the Zhukov and a B&T side folder. The internet is enraged that there is no MP5 PMAG, but the MP5 magwell doesn't strike me as a solid candidate for a polymer magazine (the ETS offering notwithstanding). Good marketing video though.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-23-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_20190120_215242806-660x260.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  51.5 KB

The new Hi-point with a grip safety. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-point-pistol/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's pretty much my takeaway. It's not a BAD idea. With good shot placement it should anchor deer at the ranges where real people actually hunt. If I already owned a perfectly capable deer rifle I wouldn't buy it unless I found myself in a weapons restriction hunting unit.
    Aren't rifled slug guns allowed substitutes in most of those places? If so, I can't figure out what would be wrong with a Savage 220 or a 20-ga 870 with a rifled barrel and sabot loads that would necessitate this.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Aren't rifled slug guns allowed substitutes in most of those places? If so, I can't figure out what would be wrong with a Savage 220 or a 20-ga 870 with a rifled barrel and sabot loads that would necessitate this.
    Nothing wrong with that solution either. An argument I could make for this new .350 cartridge it has even less recoil than a .243, so it wouldn't be bad for youngsters and smaller framed adults. So it isn't useless, but I don't think it's a "must have" either.

I live in Ohio, which is in one of these places, We can also use a 45-70, which would work quite well on deer, for that matter, just about anything else.. What I would consider, a Winchester Mod 94 trapper, in .44mag, it'd be light and easy to carry around, and a .44mag also works well on deer.. I have one of these, and they're nice little rifles, I also have a '86 Winchester repro in 45-70 that Winchester sold for awhile, it's also a nice accurate rifle, only problem is, it weighs more than my M1 Garand does,empty. Given a choice, I'll go with the lighter rifle... It dosen't matter that much, slugs, or rifle, your choice, either will work well..
    Last edited by ralph; 01-23-2019 at 07:41 PM.

User Tag List