Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covington MagaKids, Smirk of Evil, fakenews, programmed idiocy

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I try to stay away from political threads, but this story inserted itself into my home and family Saturday, and caused much strife.

When I woke up, the Mrs was showing the kids the short video clip from HuffPo. Point was to show us how white supremacy and white nationalism was on the rise and taking over our country (Mrs is not "Caucasian", though most would think Italian). Has fully embraced "the Resistance" and all it entails.

I read the story on the local papers website, and a commentor who initially condemned the kids posted a link to the whole video. I looked...learned that the initial story was a total fabrication. A vicious, pernicious, dangerous lie. When I brought the truth to the Mrs, I was castigated for it, and not understanding that it was still the kids fault....because MAGA = KKK. Since the original story, and Mr Philips accounts, have been shown to be deliberate spurious lies, members of the media and entertainment industry have continued to smear and attack these kids with additional outright lies. It has gone far past the point where the situation is becoming dangeous.

My point to the Mrs was that this was a deliberate attempt to enrage people and keep us divided....and it worked. I also pointed out that if you want the press to fulfill it's role as a watchdog on the powerful in a free society, this incident should frighten the shit out of you. People are continuing to lose their minds about something that CLEARLY, PROVABLY didn't happen. We are headed for dark times if this shit doesn't stop.

So two attention seekers got what they wanted. Just another night in America.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Ben Shapiro has gone off for two days in a row about this incident. Some interesting commentary, though the signal (facts) to noise (ideological positioning) ratio seems to be gradually tapering on his show.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Don Shipley weighs in;

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/native-am...holic-incident

Day after Covington incident, Native American allegedly tried to disrupt Mass at National Shrine, reports say

Site Supporter
    Nathan Philips at the Dakota Access Pipe Line (DAPL) protest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I try to stay away from political threads, but this story inserted itself into my home and family Saturday, and caused much strife.

When I woke up, the Mrs was showing the kids the short video clip from HuffPo. Point was to show us how white supremacy and white nationalism was on the rise and taking over our country (Mrs is not "Caucasian", though most would think Italian). Has fully embraced "the Resistance" and all it entails.

I read the story on the local papers website, and a commentor who initially condemned the kids posted a link to the whole video. I looked...learned that the initial story was a total fabrication. A vicious, pernicious, dangerous lie. When I brought the truth to the Mrs, I was castigated for it, and not understanding that it was still the kids fault....because MAGA = KKK. Since the original story, and Mr Philips accounts, have been shown to be deliberate spurious lies, members of the media and entertainment industry have continued to smear and attack these kids with additional outright lies. It has gone far past the point where the situation is becoming dangeous.

My point to the Mrs was that this was a deliberate attempt to enrage people and keep us divided....and it worked. I also pointed out that if you want the press to fulfill it's role as a watchdog on the powerful in a free society, this incident should frighten the shit out of you. People are continuing to lose their minds about something that CLEARLY, PROVABLY didn't happen. We are headed for dark times if this shit doesn't stop.
    Ask your Mrs if this is what she wants to teach your kids:

Name:  387749F7-AA1D-4300-98E7-0513DB31AA6C.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  32.6 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 01-24-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/this-h...n-controversy/

This-hebrew-israelite-from-brooklyn-sparked-the-covington-controversy

The group’s members are infamous in New York City for publicly preaching inflammatory rhetoric in Times Square and elsewhere.

The House of Israel is among 233 black-nationalist hate groups identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors extremists active in the United States.

It’s part of the Hebrew Israelite movement, whose members believe themselves to be descendants of the biblical 12 tribes of Israel, according to the SPLC.

A 2008 report from the SPLC said extremist Hebrew Israelites “have a long, strange list of enemies,” including white people, “fraudulent” Jews, Asians, continental Africans and gay people.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-24-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Site Supporter
    The real controversy here is people's reaction to the video.

The apoplectic response from the left, using the most vile phrasing and verbal aggression, urging coordinated violence, on one side, is truly disturbing. Beyond disturbing. I hope people are paying attention: when you are on the wrong side of a powerful Left, look out.

Even when shown that the antagonization was perpetrated by 2 of the 3 groups the left adore as a protected, sacrosanct, community, the narrative shifts to such absurdities as causing the situation like 'smiling' or 'white skin' or 'privilege'.

To the modern Left, there is no excuse, none at all, for being white, or conservative, or male.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/22/this-h...n-controversy/

This-hebrew-israelite-from-brooklyn-sparked-the-covington-controversy
    Southern Poverty Law Center is not a reliable source of "what is a hate group," or "who is a white supremacist," etc.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List