Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness/GPS watch input wanted

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    So I was down to the viveomove 3 and a Withings HR (which is a really nice looking watch) when the other gun forum I'm a member of had a used viveomove 3 come up at an excellent price.

I'm currently screwing around with watch faces and have the "pip boy" from Fallout on. I've not done a ton of stuff yet. It says my resting HR is 62, and my high for the day is 107. I would guess that was carrying 80 lbs of water softening salt from the truck to the basement.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Bumping an old thread of mine to say I've now bought the Vivoactive 4 and passed the 3 down to my son.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$219 for a refurbished Garmin Vivoactive 4 was a deal I couldn't say no to. I'm using the Fenix 5x Sapphire for outdoorsy stuff but this is going to take over as my daily watch. I like the touch screen for replying to messages quickly and easily. I also wanted the pulse ox sensor for reasons I'm not entirely clear on myself other than "oooh, more numbers" sort of a thing.

Other than packaging, I couldn't tell it wasn't new when it arrived today.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Has anyone tried the G-Shock Move GBDH1000? My buddy has one and seems to like it but doesn't really use it as intended (aka doesn't exercise at all). It's quite a big watch.

https://www.gshock.com/collections/move

I’m running a Fenix 5 as my daily watch. I have always heard bad stuff about the wrist based HRMs but the past couple weeks I’ve been using a Polar BT HR strap to an app on my phone and the Garmin is almost identical on HRs. I have been impressed after actually watching it. I’ll still use a strap for more reliability but the watch is better than expected.

Garmin Fenix
    Name:  65550251-44FF-475D-88DA-8AE83064E7F6.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  23.2 KB

Polar Strap
    Name:  C4A14851-A8D4-4641-BC7C-E75111E0930B.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  17.2 KB

I've been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of the HRM on my Vivoactive 4. I got +/- 2BPM during a check up and sleep study lately, which I'll take. Compared to a chest strap during "moderate" load for me on the elliptical put me +/- (mostly minus) and average of 5 (extreme of 12) over a 60 minute workout.

Compared to my earlier Vivoactive, which would just stop registering HR when I got near 140 a lot of times, I'll take this accuracy gladly.

I have to add my choice to the thread. I went with the Garmin Instinct for 2 reasons. Battery life and durability. No color screen = superior battery life. I am pleased with its performance for MTB, running, hunting and hiking. It is not as fancy as the fenix or other color touch screen watches but the ability to customize is less important to me than reliability and simplicity.

What’s the good Garmin to get nowadays?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm still rocking my original instinct and can't kill it. I have been eyeballing the new 2x solar versions for max battery life. A buddy of mine has a nice fenix, but I can't stomach the cost of those models.

I’ve only had it a few weeks, but I’m very happy with my Epix 2. The full color AMOLED is very well done and the watch geek in me likes the variety of available watch faces. And if you have Blue Cross and sign up for Blue 365, you get 20% off Garmin products. That was enough to push me to finally get one.

Also, there is a 4th version they don’t seem to advertise. It’s a grey option with the titanium and sapphire. You have to go into the custom section.

ETA: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/your-wa...64/case/778068

And it appears they are running a 20% sale now. I doubt the Blue 365 discount will stack. If so I’ll be pissed. Lol!

What's your budget and use case?

User Tag List