Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Retro-Cool from Brownell's

More Retro-Cool from Brownell's

Brownell's is rapidly becoming the One Stop Shopping Center for ARs. Uppers, lowers, parts, tools, suppressors, complete rifles both modern and retro- and they are still expanding their products.

The BRN-PROTO, based on the original AR15 design, complete with trigger style charging handle, prototype style front sight and 25 round straight magazines

Next up, the Brownell's 4x Retro Optic, sourced from the original vendor in Japan. Mounts to the carry handle. I just might have to get one for my upcoming GAU-5/U build

Finally and most surprisingly, the BRN-180 upper. It's an upper that uses AR type action that fits on an AR lower. Want to be able to shoot your AR with the stock folded? Now you can!

Boys and girls, The Good Ol' Days are now and they just keep getting better!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    I am curious to learn what anyone with experience with the 4x carry handle optic (original or current) thinks of it.

Historical fun range optic or useful optic today?

How is it in low light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am curious to learn what anyone with experience with the 4x carry handle optic (original or current) thinks of it.

How is it in low light?

Wondering the same thing. It'd probably be cheaper than replacing the upper on my A2.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

How is it in low light?

Back in the day that scope, in 3x or 4x, was the only way to get an optic on the M16/AR15, besides the Armeson OEG. I always though the cheek weld kinds sucked because the optic was too high, but it was do-able.

I have friends who went to way with M16a1s and a2s with that optic. Parachuted into Grenada, etc. It was useful for what it was and what they had available. I kept one of hand in case I ever got activated and had to go to war with my M16a1.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That BRN-180 upper piqued my interest. I would be down for a full AR-180 clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I'm itching to get my hands on some of those 25 round straight mags
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'd especially love to see that same gas system and bolt design in a 10.5-11.5in upper. I've always preferred a right side charging handle to the AR/M16 style and I'd love to set up an SBR like that for use with a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    this thing in an SBR has me pi-curious (piston-curious).

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'd especially love to see that same gas system and bolt design in a 10.5-11.5in upper. I've always preferred a right side charging handle to the AR/M16 style and I'd love to set up an SBR like that for use with a suppressor.
    THAT would be cool.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    THAT would be cool.
    Anyone have actual experience with the retro 4X optic? Thinking of getting one for the 601 I bought. Thanks.

User Tag List