Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Retro-Cool from Brownell's

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That’s not the case... think for at least the past year.

They are making their own receivers... supposedly to USGI specifications.
    Good to know. As of 9-13-2019 they were still using USGI on Garands.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Good to know. As of 9-13-2019 they were still using USGI on Garands.
    Just the Carbines... think Military Arms Channel did a review of them when they started putting them out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't think they are. Fulton uses USGI receivers so those are just rebuilt. AO seems to be junk. I looked at those and wouldn't waste my money. The new Inland I don't know too much about.

AR and Mini-14 is a better carbine anyway. I have both USGI and Mini-14. The Mini is basically the same design as USGI and totally 100% rock solid reliable.

I was just thinking AR anything wasn't really all that retro as the basic rifle is still in production. Furniture doesn't count, at least for me.
    There’s been a lot more refinement in the past 50 years than furniture.

1) The tweeking to get everything from 20” Rifles to 10.3 Mk18s to run reliable including when suppressed.

2) flat tops for optics have been the biggest game changer. Few other platforms are as optics friendly. From RDS, to ACOG, and $30,000 thermals.

3) rail systems allowing mourning of IR lasers and lights are more than just “furniture” IR lasers and NVG are a real advantage.

4) the adjustable LOP on the CAR / M4 style stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The question is not is anyone making M-1 Carbines, but is anyone making GOOD M-1 Carbine repos?
    The guys I know with Auto Ordnance M-1 carbines say their run. Ironically one of them builds ARs for a living.

I don't know anything about the current production M1 carbines other than not hearing great things. I have an original Inland carbine that runs enough to be fun and it's light and handy as can be. If someone did manage to make a repro that met our current expectations or reliability I would be super interested. Something like a Fulton M3 Scout carbine with type 2 barrel band to take to visit friends in California.

I doubt Brownell's will tackle something like that any time soon. I'd rather they focused on AR clones for the time being anyway. I want to see them start doing A2 fixed carry handle stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I don't know anything about the current production M1 carbines other than not hearing great things. I have an original Inland carbine that runs enough to be fun and it's light and handy as can be. If someone did manage to make a repro that met our current expectations or reliability I would be super interested. Something like a Fulton M3 Scout carbine with type 2 barrel band to take to visit friends in California.

I doubt Brownell's will tackle something like that any time soon. I'd rather they focused on AR clones for the time being anyway. I want to see them start doing A2 fixed carry handle stuff.
    They won't bother with M-1's. Retro is 60-70's stuff now. Things that boomers may have experienced.

I want a 70 Triumph Bonneville like the one I purchased new in Spain. Sadly I won't find one for less than a new one. Then there's parts.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I’m hoping for more Canadian C7/C8/Diemaco stuff since they now offer a C7 upper (stripped)

User Tag List