Thread: Nero 556 muzzle brake - 3D printed Inconel

Nero 556 muzzle brake - 3D printed Inconel

Found this today. Ugly, $179 of wallet rape, and appears extremely functional.

http://walkerdr.com/nero556.html

Manufacturer short video of full auto, held in one hand, short barrel, barely moving

3rd party longer video where it still kicks ass while being Bubba tested against A2 flash hider and some others

Name:  79D46E85-4300-48C1-A4FA-A4185F16F6D4.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  48.6 KB

Nero 556 muzzle brake - 3D printed Inconel

Glad you came across us. I appreciate the post. We're a young company based in Mesa, AZ (began sales last year) - and as you can see by the videos, it was designed to shoot extremely flat. A model for 7.62mm will be next. The aesthetics are unorthodox and they're due 100% to fluid dynamics...and the payoff is the performance. If you're up to trying it for yourself and sharing your experience here on the forum, I could send you a one-time-use, personal promo code.

Here's two recent mentions of us/the brake for some more info:

PewPewTactical.com "Best AR-15 Muzzle Brakes & Compensators [2019]"
    https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-...muzzle-brakes/

Crusader Arms Channel Review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5rN7OWY08

This is our first post on the forum so forgive me if I've broken any protocol - I wanted to respond personally.

Drew Walker
    Walker Defense Research

Quote Originally Posted by Walker Defense Research View Post
    Glad you came across us. I appreciate the post. We're a young company based in Mesa, AZ (began sales last year) - and as you can see by the videos, it was designed to shoot extremely flat. A model for 7.62mm will be next. The aesthetics are unorthodox and they're due 100% to fluid dynamics...
    Drew Walker
    Walker Defense Research
    Hi Drew,

It's a very interesting break design.

Since the design is based on fluid dynamics, is it possible to tweak the design with the modeling so that the recoil is more neutral?

From the video testing, it seems the barrel is actually being driven downward, so I imagine it would be a matter or driving a bit less gas upward / tuning comp profiles for different barrel lengths?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Hi Drew,

It's a very interesting break design.

Since the design is based on fluid dynamics, is it possible to tweak the design with the modeling so that the recoil is more neutral?

From the video testing, it seems the barrel is actually being driven downward, so I imagine it would be a matter or driving a bit less gas upward / tuning comp profiles for different barrel lengths?
    The beauty of additive manufacturing is how it allows us to be nimble and make changes...and we will absolutely be evolving the design as we go forward. That said, as far as pushing the muzzle down goes, to echo PewPewTactical's experience and the end of the VSO gun channel video, deeply-ingrained muscle memory can really work against you here. When you have something designed to be extremely flat shooting, pulling down in the least will dip the muzzle. It's a tough instinct to fight, especially when it has been necessary in the past to recover from shot to shot more quickly.

MUZZLE BRAKE

Well did a some looking into the Nero muzzle brake and it seems pretty decent. I actually like the look and seems to be a legit brake. I just wonder if it's worth the $180 price point and how durable that thing actually is. Definitely something I might have to pick up one of these days and do a review on my youtube channel for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by OTXTACTICAL View Post
    Well did a some looking into the Nero muzzle brake and it seems pretty decent. I actually like the look and seems to be a legit brake. I just wonder if it's worth the $180 price point and how durable that thing actually is. Definitely something I might have to pick up one of these days and do a review on my youtube channel for everyone.
    Shenanigans?

User Tag List