Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire XR1

From the article it looks like there going to unveil it at the Shot Show in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have gotten the best surefire xc1 light ever made from all the negative things I have read about them! I still have the original xc1, not even a xc1-A. I have never experienced any issues with the mounting of the light, nor did I experience any battery drain or any problems to speak of. I have thousands of rounds with the light mounted on a glock 19 and probably have taken it off to clean a handful of times in the last 4 years at least. I have been hoping it would break to get a upgraded xc1-a but that never seems to happen.

The TLR-7 switching doesn't work for me at all, if it did I would still own it. I was hoping they would come out with a paddle version of the light but I guess not. I am very interested in the XR1 but I am sure it will have a hefty price tag. I wish it would fit the same dimensions as the original xc-1 for holster compatibility but other than that I am sure it will be riding with me daily just like my original.

My XC1-B has been fantastic as well.

Does anyone know what the new mounting system is? I'm wondering if Surefire has finally made a light that can fit on guns with shorter rails like the VP9SK/HK45C.

@10mmfanboy no one is saying they don’t work. Mainly that they just fall short. Keep in mind you are a datapoint of one in a sea of many. They are multiple reported failures. Hell I received a brand new XC1B that had a buggered up switch from the factory. It’s a useable light for certain but QC is not what it once was nor is the CS. I love the concept of this light and still use it but it is a secondary to my handheld and SF shouldn’t be held on a pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Does anyone know what the new mounting system is? I'm wondering if Surefire has finally made a light that can fit on guns with shorter rails like the VP9SK/HK45C.
    According to this, yes, which is fantastic news for the hk45c

https://www.firearmrack.com/surefire...hot-show-2019/
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-26-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    According to this, yes, which is fantastic news for the hk45c

https://www.firearmrack.com/surefire...hot-show-2019/
    The two rail screws seems promising. I assume you'd have to use the rear screw by itself for the hk45c, but I'd like to find a picture of the actual mounting system with the light not attached to a gun. For now I'll be cautiously optimistic until people actually start getting their hands on them.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    The two rail screws seems promising. I assume you'd have to use the rear screw by itself for the hk45c, but I'd like to find a picture of the actual mounting system with the light not attached to a gun. For now I'll be cautiously optimistic until people actually start getting their hands on them.
    I also hope they didn't reuse the "tighten it down until it's trying to rip your rail off downward" attachment method.

User Tag List