Thread: Body language, warning signs

Site Supporter

Body language, warning signs

Career cop, trainer and good friend, Greg Ellifritz, posted this article on interpreting behavior as part of your personal security plan. This is critically important information, which may keep you out of a life-threatening situation. You win every fight you avoid!

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...se+Training%29

Some good stuff from Greg as usual.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Good info and good reading list.

This is something of an under-served topic in the training world, and one of the big reasons I started teaching a class using videos from my case files to demonstrate body language and pre-attack indicators. This sort of training, regardless of if by reading or by video, not only teaches people what to look for but gives them the proper terminology and mindset to be able to articulate those things when it comes time to justify a use of force. I think it's a very important aspect of both street survival and court survival that is often overlooked.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This is something of an under-served topic in the training world
    FPF covers it in their classes. I know it's part of their Concealed Carry Pistol course and their Pepper Spray course.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Good info and good reading list.

This is something of an under-served topic in the training world, and one of the big reasons I started teaching a class using videos from my case files to demonstrate body language and pre-attack indicators. This sort of training, regardless of if by reading or by video, not only teaches people what to look for but gives them the proper terminology and mindset to be able to articulate those things when it comes time to justify a use of force. I think it's a very important aspect of both street survival and court survival that is often overlooked.
    YouTube and LiveLeak combined with near universal video surveillance (even in the 3rd world) has made for some great resource/research material on how criminals operate (without having to rely solely on often incorrect eye witnesses or victim recollections).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Excellent article, Greg is someone I regularly follow and his Weekend Knowledge Dumps are a wealth of gun and self awareness and improvements information. With the shutdown I am really looking at his multiple income streams discussions.

Thanks for the link, Tom!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Excellent information as usual from Greg.
    Having met and trained under Greg (once ,literally CQC) I thought the bad guys he references in the beginning of his article were stupid, blind, exceptionally desperate, or ignorant. He most certainly does not look, or carry himself, like a potential victim.
    They had no idea that if they did manage to corral him and his girlfriend they would be trapped with him, not the other way around.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by baddean View Post
    Excellent information as usual from Greg.
    Having met and trained under Greg (once ,literally CQC) I thought the bad guys he references in the beginning of his article were stupid, blind, exceptionally desperate, or ignorant. He most certainly does not look, or carry himself, like a potential victim.
    They had no idea that if they did manage to corral him and his girlfriend they would be trapped with him, not the other way around.
    I thought the same when I read that

User Tag List