Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Thousands in Peril as Temperatures Plunge Below 40 in Central FL

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I don't know if non-Floridian's can appreciate that one, but those Morgan & Morgan guys run an awful lot of commercials/billboards all over the state.
    Georgia too - probably because so many Floridians get in wrecks traveling through while holding up traffic in the passing lane.
    Last edited by ranger; 01-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    That's the world ending. Quit your job in spectacular fashion and go buy all the guns you've always wanted while there's still time.
    I like where your head is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Just to be clear, they can't be frozen if the temperature didn't hit freezing. When they're just cold shocked like that, they're not dead, but you can ensure that they are with the proper use of a machete.
    I'm picturing a bunch of Floridians hanging out under palm trees with machetes playing Fruit Ninja on falling iguanas

Damn heat came on this morning in our Apartment here in Tampa.

This is outrageous. I mean I had to go find BOTH my Columbia fleece zip jacket AND a Windbreaker to wear today. And blue jeans, too (which still fit, thank the Lord).

I want to speak to the manager.

Name:  6E9E0F5F-242F-44A5-94ED-547E0247B082.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  23.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

This is outrageous. I mean I had to go find BOTH my Columbia fleece zip jacket AND a Windbreaker to wear today. And blue jeans, too (which still fit, thank the Lord).

This is considered sub-tropical in MN at this time of year. I've seen people out in shorts within this temperature range.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    This is considered sub-tropical in MN at this time of year. I've seen people out in shorts within this temperature range.
    Name:  86996FC5-07C1-4884-BA2E-E9FD941557EC.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  22.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Growing up in Wyoming, I always thought people in the south were just huge wimps for complaining about their version of "cold" and got a lot of good laughs out of 30deg weather shutting down cities.

That was before I moved to Texas and experienced just how shitty the roads here are if they do freeze. And how much worse it is to drive on them with performance tires and rear wheel drive instead of the all-weather or winter tires with four wheel drive from my mountain years.

Site Supporter
    It was 25 degrees with fog when I got to work this morning at 06:00 in central Al. 25 degrees with 100% humidity pretty much sucks, except that I got to use the word hoar frost.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

It's supposed to get down to 36 here in the middle of the night. Between my gf and my dog, I'm trying to decide which one will be fuel for fire and which one will be food once it goes all Mad Max around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It was 25 degrees with fog when I got to work this morning at 06:00 in central Al. 25 degrees with 100% humidity pretty much sucks, except that I got to use the word hoar frost.
    Heh Heh Heh he said Hoar
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List