Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thousands in Peril as Temperatures Plunge Below 40 in Central FL

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You mean "mullet" right?
    Something fishy about that...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Went to my car yesterday. I had left a bottled water in the space in the door. It was frozen solid.
    I accidentally did the super chilled water experiment the other day. left a bottle of water in the cup holder. got in the car, picked it up, and watched and felt it freeze solid.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Attachment 47552

33F by morning.

We are all going to die.
    Oh, the humanity.

Here, it's cold enough (15F) that some kids are wearing socks with their sandals.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

If you're cold, they're cold. Let them in.

Frozen iguanas falling from trees in South Florida

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...KH7ekUlyUPP-eI
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I moved from San Diego, CA to the Portland, OR area in 2016. At the time, I owned ONE hooded sweatshirt. No rain gear, nothing insulated, the concept of layers was entirely foreign.

Needless to say, I had to adjust my wardrobe significantly. Nearly 4 years later, I still haven't adjusted to the cold though. If it drops below about 40*F, I'm bundled up like Ralphie's little brother in, "A Christmas Story".

I don't know how some of you guys do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I moved from San Diego, CA to the Portland, OR area in 2016. At the time, I owned ONE hooded sweatshirt. No rain gear, nothing insulated, the concept of layers was entirely foreign.

Needless to say, I had to adjust my wardrobe significantly. Nearly 4 years later, I still haven't adjusted to the cold though. If it drops below about 40*F, I'm bundled up like Ralphie's little brother in, "A Christmas Story".

I don't know how some of you guys do it.
    I grew up in Wis and I struggled with cold my whole life there. In the '60's as a wee lad shivering outside our Chevy waiting for my dad to unlock it I can still remember like yesterday "Oh be quiet, you're shivering like an old woman." LOL He rocked shirtsleeves until it dipped below 40 then it was a light jacket. But since then I love the bitter cold (January in the AK interior, lots of sub zero time in the MW, some teens and 20's in GA) - so long as I have the gear. I must have my gear (as pictured in my avatar in north GA mtns).
    Last edited by JHC; 01-22-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    It was low 20s F this morning NW of Atlanta - too cold. I think the refugees are bringing the cold with them.
    Yep it was 19 degrees at our house that night. Went out for a run Monday and about froze. Not so bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If you're cold, they're cold. Let them in.

Frozen iguanas falling from trees in South Florida

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...KH7ekUlyUPP-eI
    Just to be clear, they can't be frozen if the temperature didn't hit freezing. When they're just cold shocked like that, they're not dead, but you can ensure that they are with the proper use of a machete.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Now would be a good time to scoop up a gator or two for any practical jokes you have planned.

Not that I'd advocate doing anything like that....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Just to be clear, they can't be frozen if the temperature didn't hit freezing. When they're just cold shocked like that, they're not dead, but you can ensure that they are with the proper use of a machete.

Yeah apparently you can warm them up and they're like bugs that way.

User Tag List