Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thousands in Peril as Temperatures Plunge Below 40 in Central FL

Florida native here (North Florida, the Real Florida, now stuck in SE Florida, the fake florida), never lived anywhere else, and no real plans to unless someone offers enough cash to overcome the weather, which is a *lot* of cash.

Like some of the other guys, I can't even comprehend the kinds of temps some of you yankees and midwesterners see. I don't frankly think I've ever even been in 0 degrees. We went to see the ice sculptures at the Gaylord Palms over Thanksgiving and it was 9 degrees in there. That's probably the coldest I've ever seen, and it was man-made!

it's 39 here now, and I'm trying to figure out if I can get out of going to work...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Thousands in Peril as Temperatures Plunge Below 40 in Central FL

45 degrees yesterday.

Today:

Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-21-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    It was only 75 degrees yesterday in Cancun, and it was a bitter 7 degrees when I got back here to PA. Nothing like snorkeling in the morning, and de-icing your car at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    A while back I hear that iguanas had gotten loose and become an invasive species in Florida. When there's a cold snap you can hunt them with a hammer. I guess there's even cook books specifically for iguana.
    Whereas you can get close enough to wack them (as well as all non-native reptiles) when it gets cold they're harder to find because they find some place to hide. Easier to hunt when it is warm and they're active.

12* here this morning. My dog remarked during her walk that it's a good thing she doesn't have balls.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I've visited FL in the winter a few times in recent memory, and I'm always amused when I see locals wearing long pants and jackets when it's 65 or 70 degrees out and I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Of course, if I went down there in the summer, I'm sure I'd die of heat exhaustion 5 minutes after getting off the plane, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    12* here this morning. My dog remarked during her walk that it's a good thing she doesn't have balls.
    The dachshund would likely retort that it was easy for her to say that.

Any time it dips under 20f, he gets boots and a coat.
    Frostbitten pads hurt.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Perfect jacket and shorts weather to me.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Man, I have a friend in Southwestern Ontario, and they are closing schools today because of the cold. -40C, -35F. Dude, that’s cold! Florida’s 40 degrees would feel like summer for them I’m thinking lol!
    Last edited by Port; 01-21-2019 at 12:01 PM.

-8f this am at my place

-20f at a coworkers

But no hurricanes so there's that

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    -20f at a coworkers
    Woah...

User Tag List