Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Thousands in Peril as Temperatures Plunge Below 40 in Central FL

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Damn heat came on this morning in our Apartment here in Tampa.

This is outrageous. I mean I had to go find BOTH my Columbia fleece zip jacket AND a Windbreaker to wear today. And blue jeans, too (which still fit, thank the Lord).

I want to speak to the manager.

Attachment 64007
    Console yourself by finding a report that gives you the dew point and realize the molds are finally taking a break.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Came home last night to find out the wife has scheduled our firewood delivery for Tuesday.

It’ll probably be back to 90 by then...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It's supposed to get down to 36 here in the middle of the night. Between my gf and my dog, I'm trying to decide which one will be fuel for fire and which one will be food once it goes all Mad Max around here...
    I learned from the meme thread, I think it was, you should go for the Vegans first, they are grass-fed...

Things are improving slightly here this morning. It is a much more tolerable 44F out right now, with a high today forecast of 75.

Rest assured fellow Floridians the furnace is running here in PCB. Funny we both lived the majority of our lives in the Rust Belt of the great lakes but in the past five years have lost our resilience to cold weather since moving south. Walking to a Sabers game in a snow storm with the Northern Witch blowing down on us was nothing compared to walking the dog this morning @ 42 degrees with a northerly wind.

Site Supporter
    I have a 20-mile trail race Saturday. Temperature at the start will be 35, with 98% humidity.

My best friend in the Tampa area was crying about the temps. I reminded her she lived in IL for 52 years before she moved there in 2016, and that I didn’t have much sympathy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I want to speak to the Manager of Florida.

Name:  IMG_3636.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  32.4 KB

And the temperature is going to DROP slightly just before sunrise. Heat in the new place is working great, so we are fine. May have to dig into the closet for actual trousers today, and I think my fleecy is in the hallway closet somewhere. Fortunately my mullet is growing nicely so my neck will be warm...

The panhandle is chilly this morning.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-17 5.37.10 AM.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  73.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My best friend in the Tampa area was crying about the temps. I reminded her she lived in IL for 52 years before she moved there in 2016, and that I didn’t have much sympathy.
    Grew up in OH just off Lake Erie and spent six years in Detroit. Worked in Chicago in the 1990s. Moved to the Tampa-St. Pete area two years ago. Have lost all ability to handle cold weather. I was on I-4 on Monday morning with temps around 58 and used the heated seat due to the dampness and a persistent chill. Twenty years ago, I would have rejoiced at 60 in JAN. It took less than two years to adapt. 90 is no issue; 50 is an issue.

Dropped 2 degrees from 5am to 6am.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-01-17 6.09.09 AM.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  77.6 KB

User Tag List