Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pistol course holster advice. To paddle or not to paddle?

FWIW
    I have a couple of Safariland ALS paddle holsters, and I basically have to undo my belt to get them off. I have some other paddle holsters, they are easy to put on and take off. Not the ALS. It's a "feature" and not. If I had to carry OWB and in the open, It would be with the ALS.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 01-23-2019 at 01:28 AM.

I'm pretty much in the camp of "hard pass" on paddles. Seen to many break, come loose, etc.

The best of the breed is the Safariland, and they make the gun ride funny IMHO.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Unless I missed it, I'm surprised no one suggested to use a holster in training the same way you carry or intend to carry. Assuming it's a class that lets you carry in class like you carry in everyday life.
    One of the biggest advantages I've gotten from attending the classes I've been to has been being able to try out my "kit" the way I wear it everyday and weed out the stuff that doesn't work

holster

I am a huge believer in a quality belt holster. I have tried and used a few paddle holsters and they are convenient for carry purpose's, but all the ones I have used for "training" broke. I have had two belt break but one was cheap and other was a manufacturer issue (they fixed). I highly suggest that you get or use a holster that you are going to carry with, as this is a much harder "test", than average carry day. For advance classes, I always (and suggest) take a back up pistol or two, and have back up holster (just in case).

Regarding the sweat guard, I prefer mid or no guard on every holster I use, regardless of owb or iwb. Having a full sweat guard digging into you after you draw is quite annoying and in some cases can limit your mobility. I use a Jm owb2 0 cant mid guard as my every day duty holster in a plain clothes job.

User Tag List