Thread: Budget shotgun red dot

Budget shotgun red dot

Any long term users of inexpensive ($2-300) red dots on shotguns? Looking at the Burris Fastfire and Sig Romeo, input on other options is appreciated. This will be used on a gun shooting shot and rifled slugs for non-winged game.

Yes, I have a number of Aimpoints on other guns, but spending $6-800 on a new optic isn’t in the cards right now. Thanks in advance.

Some members have reported good results with the Primary Arms Advanced Microdot. I have one on my Beretta 1301 but it’s only had a very small amount of rounds through it so I can’t say anything definitive.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have put around 100 rounds of buckshot through a Primary Arms MD-ADS on a 1301. Not a whole lot but it does still work. I did knock some dust loose in it though so the inside lens isn't as clean.

The holosun with the Aimpoint Micro footprint and EOtechesque circle-dot reticle seems like a good match for a shotgun.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun...dot-sight.html
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I have a Primary Arms RDS that I have been using on a testbed 870. I got it when they had their blem's on sale for $100. It has not yet shit the bed. It's got about a case of 00 Buck and two or three cases of birdshot through it. Less than 100 slugs, probably about 75. It's been run by two different people in two different shotgun classes with no observed or reported issues.

You're welcome to borrow it for a while, and shoot it on your shotgun. Just let me know.

The budget red dot game has changed. PA Advanced Micro Dot and Holosun red dots are ~$120-150 and they can take abuse, plus are listed as up to 50,000 hours battery life.

I picked up a Holosun HS403GL, got it zeroed and then on the second range trip it died. Wouldn't dial for windage or elevation and then the dot would jump. Sent it back and got it replaced, so time will tell.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List