Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat’s New 92G VERTEC/CENTURION TACTICAL

Wilson Combat’s New 92G VERTEC/CENTURION TACTICAL

So what are you guys think of this gun?

How does it compare to the vertec brigadier or the regular centurion?

What are your thoughts on the vertec grip overall?

How does it compare to the LTT elite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Vertec recently and just for S&G's a put my Centurion slide on there just to fondle it. I liked that setup and when I saw WC was offering Vertec grips on their BrigTac I knew the CenTac would be along shortly. If I'm going to spend 4 figures on a Beretta I'm going to get the regular grip because I like that better. But I do dig the combination for Centurion slide on a Vertec frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I like it. The Vertec is my favorite profile Beretta 92 variation. In fact I just ordered two of these WC Beretta Centurions, with sequential serial numbers, as my new home defense duo.

I’m not a big fan of the “G” configuration so I may switch them to “FS”. I never had trouble with that “FS” model on active duty so keeping it consistent with my history is important to me.

I’ll try to post some pictures when they get here.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

Little off topic but I keep seeing Beretta 92 love all over the forum. I have nothing but good memories of the M9A1 as a former Marine pistol instructor but I gotta ask. Are these updated guns still the basic size of an M9 i.e. P226/USP? People are commonly concealed carrying these? As I recall an M9 was noticeably larger than something like a Glock 17 or even a P30.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-19-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Little off topic but I keep seeing Beretta 92 love all over the forum. I have nothing but good memories of the M9A1 as a former Marine pistol instructor but I gotta ask. Are these updated guns still the basic size of an M9 i.e. P226/USP? People are commonly concealed carrying these? As I recall an M9 was noticeably larger than something like a Glock 17 or even a P30.
    All the 90-series are pretty much the same size though subtle differences mean they don't all share holsters. I have a Safariland paddle holster from a 92FS, I haven't used it much but I feel I could hide a 92 on me if I had to. I'm a really big dude though so it's easier for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have a old Vertec that was tuned up by LTT. I absolutely love the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    The gun is larger overall but the grip is shorter and easier to conceal. Much easier to conceal than a G17 due to the Glocks hump and grip angle.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-20-2019 at 01:36 AM.

I have a couple Vertecs (not the one in question). I much prefer the standard style grip.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The gun is larger overall but the grip is shorter and easier to conceal. Much easier to conceal than a G17 due to the Glocks hump and grip angle.
    Yep.

The grip of an M9 is almost identical size to a Glock 19 and the rounder slide profile doesn't print as much.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep.

The grip of an M9 is almost identical size to a Glock 19 and the rounder slide profile doesn't print as much.

I noticed that with my 92A1, I used my M&P 9c appendix holster just to see how the full-size 92 would do appendix, and the grip just disappeared, whereas I saw more of the grip of my G22 and G17. Even with the longer barrel,it was more comfortable to than the 9c, without the tip out I can get with the 9c. I’m going to have to get an AIWB holster for the 92.
    Last edited by Vista461; 01-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

User Tag List