Thread: Fingerprint deadbolt lock?

Fingerprint deadbolt lock?

I've been using these: https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365...less+deadbolts

However, as the kids get older I don't want them to be able to give out the code (like one of my siblings did with the house key, and more than once ).

So I'm trying to find a fingerprint controlled lock, but not having much luck figuring out what is a good option.

I'm leery of the phone controlled options, as I worry about someone stealing a phone, and gaining access, or hacking the signal. However, I'm open to info that shows those systems have improved.

I like the keypad Schlage I'm currently using, because I don't have to worry about key control, and you throw/retract the bolt with a manual lever, not an electric motor. Again, the flaw is a teenager giving the code to a friend/boyfriend/girlfriend.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by DMF13; 01-19-2019 at 03:03 PM.

If you're in the NCR, let me know and I can refer you to my locksmith.

https://www.mul-t-lock-online.com/st...product_id=325
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Thanks. That is spendy, but I may have to consider it. Have you had any problems with yours?

Also thanks for the locksmith referral, but I've spent the last couple of decades avoiding the Capital, and it's one of the very few things I've had success.

To be fair, I didn't buy this as I didn't want the fingerprint or other features. I went with a touch-screen but with swapped Mul-T-Lock high-security lock work, that way I had high security locks, the best key control in the industry, and could just issue a temporary code to cleaners/repairmen (I don't have the kid aspect like you).

With that said, Mul-T-Lock is a very high end lock company compared to box store companies like Schlage....think S&B vs NCStar for scopes. They'd at least be where I'd start looking, if that means anything.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    With no disrespect intended, if the op's teens will not obey his wishes about not giving out keys or codes, then he will have other problems that may be more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    With no disrespect intended, if the op's teens will not obey his wishes about not giving out keys or codes, then he will have other problems that may be more serious.
    Well teens will do stupid things, even the best of them. My sibling that gave the house key to different people, was of course doing something VERY stupid, but in general was a good kid, and went on to great things. I was pretty much a goody two shoes until college, and still managed to do some very stupid things.

I'd rather just not take the chance.

Site Supporter
    That makes good sense. It's a different world today. Kid learn habits from their friends and other associates as they always have. However, it seems we live in a world of non-compliance, and young people reinforce such for each other. You are looking ahead. Hence, you are thinking. You are winning already. Bless you and your family.

User Tag List