Thread: BRCC code of conduct violations

BRCC code of conduct violations

Interesting allegations against the coffee company vet bros:

1791 Management sends letter to Black Rifle Coffee Company (BRCC) demanding they brew up an "action plan" to address serious allegations of Corporate Governance failures and Code of Conduct violations

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301549388.html

Much love in that letter...

I've to say I am surprised that this company is valued at $2.5 Bil, losses or not.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The author's tone and additional ego-swipes detract from a pretty solid introduction to an issue. I had no interest when BRCC announced they were going public but I did watch with interest to see how such a microbrand, if you can call it that, would fare. You could definitely tell their trademark social media "loudness" had shifted in the past year or so. The suit is filed so let's see what happens.

Not surprised that the IPO apparently had some drama that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it is complex enough that people will continue to be haters or vehement fans, regardless of outcome.

FWIW I find a few of their roasts tolerable and all the screeching about political donations reminds me of when Benchmade was apparently "anti-gun".
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I was amused to find reference to a former Overstock CFO being called out. Having worked for their CEO, Mr. Byrne, and that drug fueled circus of a company in the past, the drama felt familiar.

Sampler of stuff Patrick B was involved in more recently:

Had a relationship with the redhead russian spy, claimed the CIA ordered him to maintain it for counterintelligence reasons. Was forced to resign as CEO due to those entanglements.

Tried to support Rudy Giuliani's failed crusade to expose election fraud by sending his elite squad of web sleuths who were rejected by Mr. G causing much bum hurt.

That letter is way too comically biased for me to be able to trust anything in it.

This guy sounds like a massive douche, even if BRCC engaged in whatever he's accusing them of.

Also wouldn't be the first time a group of SOF guys got into criminal conspiracy, so don't think I'm necessarily defending them. To me personally, I'm at the point where "Green Beret" and "Navy SEAL" is almost synonymous with crime being afoot. I just can't read a letter with such laughable candor and give it any serious consideration.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Sounds like 1791 may be shorting Black Rifle, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    The author's tone and additional ego-swipes detract from a pretty solid introduction to an issue. I had no interest when BRCC announced they were going public but I did watch with interest to see how such a microbrand, if you can call it that, would fare. You could definitely tell their trademark social media "loudness" had shifted in the past year or so. The suit is filed so let's see what happens.

Not surprised that the IPO apparently had some drama that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it is complex enough that people will continue to be haters or vehement fans, regardless of outcome.

FWIW I find a few of their roasts tolerable and all the screeching about political donations reminds me of when Benchmade was apparently "anti-gun".
    I had hours of good entertainment on another forum when people started railing against Yeti and Benchmade.

One guy said he chopped up all of his Benchmade knives. Now that's impressive.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I lack the finance background to evaluate the facts here, but I've spent enough time around startups to be really cautious with special-purpose acquisition companies. This isn't the only one where it's really difficult to figure out if the stock was manipulated or not, and they always get targeted by very sophisticated investors (which makes them hazardous for bystanders...)

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That letter is way too comically biased for me to be able to trust anything in it.

This guy sounds like a massive douche, even if BRCC engaged in whatever he's accusing them of.

Also wouldn't be the first time a group of SOF guys got into criminal conspiracy, so don't think I'm necessarily defending them. To me personally, I'm at the point where "Green Beret" and "Navy SEAL" is almost synonymous with crime being afoot. I just can't read a letter with such laughable candor and give it any serious consideration.
    Don’t forget the Agency PMC angle. SOF can be < Merc on the fluid boundaries thing, speaking only in the grossest, broad-brush, wide generalities. I say this as a guy who’s familiar with a smattering of Agency contractors that are awesome, to include local to this forum.

But yeah…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Don’t forget the Agency PMC angle. SOF can be < Merc on the fluid boundaries thing, speaking only in the grossest, broad-brush, wide generalities. I say this as a guy who’s familiar with a smattering of Agency contractors that are awesome, to include local to this forum.

But yeah…

Why does it always come down media shit slinging? Buy the product for what it is, not because some SJW or SOP wants you to believe in their crusade. It's just coffee and a hundred companies sell coffee. Once you realize it's all a marketing angle it's still just good or bad coffee. Here in the birthplace of Starbucks we call it Charbucks. The best fresh roasted whole bean coffee I ever had was sold by an unheard of company in Everett WA that operated in a very small building next to our office. They just did coffee and had only local customers when I purchased their coffee. Not sure where they are in the coffee biz these days but it was damn good coffee in the 90's when I was buying it.

https://www.bargreenscoffee.com/

Now it isn't the product but the image they project. Yuge fail.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-22-2022 at 08:30 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List