Thread: Brand New CZ P10 F Slide Does Not Lock Back After Last Round

Brand New CZ P10 F Slide Does Not Lock Back After Last Round

Hi everyone, I just purchased a brand new CZ P10F (full sized variant of the P10 that just came out).

It shoots wonderfully, but I put somewhere around 100 rounds through it today (around 5 mags worth), and not once did the slide lock back after shooting the last round.

The slide release is VERY stiff, I’m wondering if this is an issue that will require me to invoke the warranty (I hope not), or if it is merely something that requires the gun to be more “worked in”.

I’ve never experienced this with another pistol. This is my fourth CZ and the first I’ve encountered this issue with.

I’d appreciate any feedback, thank you!

Try inserting your empty mags and manually retract the slide to the rear. If the slide locks back, you may be riding the slide stop with your thumb during recoil.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Try inserting your empty mags and manually retract the slide to the rear. If the slide locks back, you may be riding the slide stop with your thumb during recoil.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

It does lock back with an empty mag in place. I don’t think I am riding the release, but I won’t say it’s impossible, this gun does fit in my hand quite differently than the 75 series I’ve been shooting a lot lately. The release itself is incredibly stiff, it takes a lot of pressure to activate, but I’m guessing that’s just because it’s a brand new gun (just haven’t had this issue before).

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, I’m going to the range later and will watch my thumb placement to see if that helps.

User Tag List