Thread: "Couple Accused of Killing Child In Court"

"Couple Accused of Killing Child In Court"

Our local news has a way of coming up with headlines in the their ticker tape that really leaves you scratching your head, such as the one used in the title of this thread. I saw that and wondered "Who would be stupid enough to kill a child in court?"

There have been several other dozies, but the best one yet was this morning-

"INDIAN WOMAN FIRST TO CLIMB ALL MALE MOUNTAIN"

I have no idea, nor do I want to. To figure this out, I'd first have to imagine an all male mountain and at that, my brain double clutched and missed a gear. My wife just snickered wickedly. Was it Mt. Karma Sutra?

Strange news headlines- Post'em here! Let's see what you got
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I wish I could find it, but I remember this one for the irony

“Pro-lifer Shoots And Kills A Man”

Guess he wasn’t terribly pro-life then...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Groucho Marx: "One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Groucho Marx was a one of The Greats, but I'd like to stick with real headlines. Not Fake News headlines, either.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

My latest favorite

“Jayme Closs kidnapping suspect's lawyers warn confession may hinder defense”

https://www.channel3000.com/news/cri...ense/978409420

State Public Defender Glynn is a piece of work. Convicted felon and had / having his wages garnished... plays courtroom games.

Sorry for the derail. Groucho came instantly to mind when I read the thread title.

Here's a real (fire the proofreader/editor) headline: https://www.hindustantimes.com/holly...2MFtf8n6J.html
    Last edited by csheehy; 01-18-2019 at 06:25 PM. Reason: clarity

User Tag List