Thread: Naa black widow

Naa black widow

Probably not the typical revolver talked about on here but couldn’t resist. I have an unreasonable love for rimfire and pocket guns but I also understand the problems with them in regards to defense do never picked one up. However I discovered a niche for one. I run quite a bit and I live and run where rattle snakes play. However I didn’t want to try and shoot a snake with my shield or mess with snake shot in an autoloader. I run with an hpg runners kit bag so I wanted something small and light. Enter the naa black widow .22/.22 mag. While waiting for it to arrive I ordered some c Vang grips and started checking out ammo. Shooting the bull 410 had some gel tests with this gun and Speer gold dots and Hornady Critical Defense. The speers actually did surprisingly well the hornady did just ok. I was able to find some hornady but haven’t got a hold of any gold dots yet. Gun came in I tossed the new grips on and some left over rubber talon grip tape and went to the range. I was actually pleasantly at how well it did. I shot mostly the hornady stuff with some random old .22 mag stuff I had laying around. Name:  A808C240-F005-42C4-A02C-6C03A462EB99.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  18.5 KBName:  8C5E4ADE-DF4B-4A74-B092-1498F7D7C056.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  101.8 KBName:  A0904122-B801-40E0-88C7-00F61E92E6A2.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  22.2 KBName:  EB2D0870-3840-41AB-85C1-C54790E8AE56.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  53.0 KBName:  D4D5A493-E59D-40DE-AF46-A7464C0A445F.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  21.6 KB hopefully the pics work. The groundhog target was shot at 10 yards with the hornady the squares are one inch and there are two rounds touching in the red square. The note card is 4x6 shot with CCI .22 mag shotload. Also the gun fits in a snake eater tactical mag pouch like they were made for each other. Also carries great appendix as an off hand back up gun...
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter

Naa black widow

I am a fan of North American Arms. Their guns are quite intrinsically accurate, although the sights and grips on their smaller ones generally do not allow taking full advantage of their potential.

How often do you run into snakes? Is it under circumstances where simply backing away is inadequate?

When I was a kid, my neighbor once ran to my Dad screaming at him to get his gun because a Copperhead was working it’s way up a stroller to her baby. My Dad chose a spade instead, which was likely a safer tool for that particular job. The snake was dealt with before any harm could occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 01-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Here and there. Really depends ive ran into them while bird hunting or running my dog the rattle snakes get shot. The ranges I go to are prime habitat for them as well. Actually have a kinda funny story where this would have come in handy I was at a law enforcement firearms instructor conference last summer and in one of the bays a rattle snake was found. There were probably 5-6 guys including me that were trying to figure out what to do with it. I said shoot it but another guy decided to try and grab it (he apparently deals with or has snakes) well he ended up getting tagged in the hand and had to go to the hospital (he’s fine but ended his time at the conference) This would have been handy.

Snakes are a necessary part of the chain of life.

If you find them around it’s because their prey lives there: likely they’re keeping a rat or mouse infestation down.

But some people are separate enough from nature and they have a gun and just want to kill anything that moves....
    Shoot feral cats instead. That would make sense. They’re an actual invasive species that kill a huge number
    of wild birds and other necessary animals that belong in nature.

Excellent repurposing of the mag pouch! I have those for my 19 & 43 mags. Now it looks like I need to find a black widow to fill out the available uses of them.

Uh ok didn’t mean to cause an issue about shooting snakes (specifically rattle snakes) I never said anything about killing anything that moves nor was that implied in anything I said. So I’m not sure where your coming from there.

Those grips are pretty cool! Nice handgun.

Nice utility pistol! Looks like way better sights than on my lcr 22wmr. I wanted to get the fiber optic front for mine but on the ruger website it seems as though the only caliber they don't change the poa/poi is in 38/357. Every time I shoot 22 mag it continually impresses me. I wasn't expecting it to be so loud the first time I shot it out of a snubby lol. You can find GD 22 mag on midway frequently. That's how I roll when I'm mowing/rough cutting on the property. First two are birdshot, last four are GD.

I was even considering trying a 13 or 15 pound RSA in my training g19 for birdshot. Some ranchers around me say it cycles fine.
    Last edited by 10mmfanboy; 01-31-2019 at 02:02 AM.

I have a NAA in a custom pocket holster alongside a multi-tool.
    I drop it in my cargo pocket when I'm doing things like cleaning the buildings at our range.
    Mine is for shooting the packrats that like to build nests and chew up everything, so it's .22mag to anchor those big suckers.

Not my pic, but my holster and NAA are identical except I have a SOG multi-tool.
    RKBA holsters made it.
    Attachment 34769
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-31-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List